Light-O-Rama Forums

16 CCR

trini101

Upgrade this year to 16 CCR ribbons and two ribbons and not working, they only work when you wiggle the ribbons. Is this means that the ribbons are defective and needs to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, trini101 said:

Upgrade this year to 16 CCR ribbons and two ribbons and not working, they only work when you wiggle the ribbons. Is this means that the ribbons are defective and needs to be replaced. 

Sounds more like your connections on those 2 CCR's isn't properly secured. 

Unscrew the connection, unplug and reseat, make sure there is no gap, and that the small rubber ring isn't missing, secure the connection as tightly as you can make it.

Hopefully, this is the issue, if not  there may be a broken wire going to the connector from the CCR.  If you have the skill you can replace the connector yourself. 

Depending on how old your CCR is, if still under warranty, manufacturer may replace or repair it at no charge to you.   But you may or may not have to pay for shipping to/from the repair facility, this depends on age of the CCR, warranty and manufacturer requirements.

Good luck.

Edited by Orville

Much appreciated the feedback so much. The 16 CCR is a new upgrade I purchased this August. I swap the connector from the controller box and it light up another ribbon. This eliminates the problem is coming from the controller. It’s only when I touch, wiggle or even lift the two ribbons that won’t stay on, it lights up. Also if I touch or wiggle the ribbons in the middle nothing happens. As soon as I do the same thing to the bottom/end of the ribbon light comes on. Hope I explain this so you understand my problem.