Light-O-Rama Forums

Static on blinks

Wayne K

I run a 45 minute static on display before I run my show. I have a one minute sequence that I have under the play tab to loop at the end. I get a blink in the lights every minute. Is there any way to stop that blink when it loops? I am thinking about modifying the sequence longer, but I do not know how long of a sequence you can make. If anyone can answer either of these I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Wayne

Make sure that the lights that are supposed to be on all the time really are on at both ends of the sequence.  Especially if the sequence is some very odd timing for the last cell, it is easy to miss it.  More of an issue with musical since you likely make an animation sequence and more even length.  In the show, make sure the checkbox for turn off the lights at the end of the sequence is unchecked.

One thing I have seen when you have lights that never change level is that the controller will blank out the channel after a while.  In some situations, I have the sequencing periodically change the level from 100% to 99% and back to 100%.  That causes commands to be sent for that channel, but does not change the lights enough to be seen.  I don't think this is what you are seeing however.

As far as I know, there is no hard time limit other than running out of memory, but with a fairly small number of channels, that should not be an issue.

31 minutes ago, Wayne K said:

I run a 45 minute static on display before I run my show. I have a one minute sequence that I have under the play tab to loop at the end. I get a blink in the lights every minute. Is there any way to stop that blink when it loops? I am thinking about modifying the sequence longer, but I do not know how long of a sequence you can make. If anyone can answer either of these I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Wayne

I have animation sequences that are 4, 6 and 8 hours long.  I run those in the off season for my overnight garden and safety lights that illuminate my 66 foot wrap-around handicap ramp.

Been a while since I used S4, but look for the "Lights off at end of sequence" option. Uncheck that.

The software is turning things off at the end of every sequence, which is every minute.

Thanks guys for the info.

Show is running now, I will check these later. I don't remember them doing it last year.

Wayne

6 hours ago, Don said:

Been a while since I used S4, but look for the "Lights off at end of sequence" option. Uncheck that.

The software is turning things off at the end of every sequence, which is every minute.

Just to refresh your memory, it's under the "Play" option in S4.

I think the problem was the lights off at end was checked on. Also, what does the loop at end do? Does that need to be checked on? I know if I do some testing with a sequence and want to look at the display live, I check that box and it keeps repeating until I stop it. I have not tested the show schedule, but with the sequence editor it just keeps running and I had to close out sequence editor to turn them off.

Thanks

Wayne

1 hour ago, Wayne K said:

I think the problem was the lights off at end was checked on. Also, what does the loop at end do? Does that need to be checked on? I know if I do some testing with a sequence and want to look at the display live, I check that box and it keeps repeating until I stop it. I have not tested the show schedule, but with the sequence editor it just keeps running and I had to close out sequence editor to turn them off.

Thanks

Wayne

The loop play only affects the sequence editor, it has nothing to do with the show files.  At least I've never had it do anything when I've forgotten to uncheck it and created a show.

The show file(player) will use the lights off at end or lights on at end, but as far as my experience with loop playing in the SE, it never affected anything during actual show playing.

But I try to remember to uncheck everything not needed for my show when I make an new or update to my sequence(s), just in case the computer or my Director(whichever I'm using) decide to do otherwise.🤣

Edited by Orville