Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB lights working intermittent

Benjamin

I added a pixi16 this year with 50pixi light strands.  The controller  can light up to 100pixis at a time (two strands). testing  my show i noticed  that some of the strands that have two strands contected the pixis after the first strand will stop working  for a bit then come back on. Not sure how to troubleshoot since all the lights will work then stop for a bit. 

How many TOTAL strands? What Voltage?

How many Watts per PSU?

BTW Advanced is not enough for a Pixie16 loaded. You need to run in ELOR mode

All 16 slots  are being  used  with 9 having  two standards  only 1 is using  thr full 100 the others are using  60pixis out of 100 available.  

Its 120v dont know  how to figure  out watts per psu

How do i run ELOR mode? 

5 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

All 16 slots  are being  used  with 9 having  two standards  only 1 is using  thr full 100 the others are using  60pixis out of 100 available.  

Its 120v dont know  how to figure  out watts per psu

How do i run ELOR mode? 

The voltage I refer to is the PSU output. 12V or 5V is most common.

P = I * E  (Watts = Amps  times Volts  .  )

My strings run 3A per 50 (white). 36W   Yours may be lower power (or not), you need to look at the spec sheet or tag (if still there)

100 nodes would draw 72W (and the4A  fuse will blow if left on very long at full white unless you power inject)

Idle nodes draw a small amount for the chip. lets add 1 more Amp each string of 60 = 4A or 48W

💡 Try and balance the loads (shuffle, so roughly the same number of nodes are on each) on the power buses . Those have Max Limits also ~30Amps IIRC

Upgrade to PRO is required for ELOR.  Someone with S6 will need to chime in where the Network SPEED setting is now so you can tick the ELOR box on the Pixie Networks

Thank you for the help upgraded  to pro and now all the lights work.

Did create  a new problem how do i get thr chanels back in thr sequencewr. The sequenceer changed everything  to motion  effects  and im trying  to convert  old sequences to new preview  but the motion effects  preventing  me from pasting sequince  onto the channels