Light-O-Rama Forums

WRGB Spotlights on Pixie16

TSchelmbauer

I bought some WRGB 30w spotlights from Wallyslights to incorporate into my show this year.  I can't get them to work....it won't fire blue, just RGW, what do I need to do to configure these?

10 hours ago, TheDucks said:

AFAIK LOR has not upgraded Pixies to RGBW or the chip type those floods use.

Yep, would be nice if yhey had.  Then you wouldn't need PI in strings or have to worry about not having a TRUE WHITE. 

All I know, no matter how few bulbs I have on a string, I have never seen what I'd call "white", when usong all 3 L.E.D. colors to create white, it always has a pinkish hue to it.

So, that's the only thing I don't know is why aren't RGBW floods, strings and other RGBW lights supported.  Seems like it would have been much better to support each bulb, node that used the 4 color L.E.D.'s.

That's what I thought RGB Controllers would do too when they came out, but they don't.  Wonder if there was any specific or good reason for NOT supporting RGBW lighting?

2 hours ago, Orville said:

Yep, would be nice if yhey had.  Then you wouldn't need PI in strings or have to worry about not having a TRUE WHITE. 

All I know, no matter how few bulbs I have on a string, I have never seen what I'd call "white", when usong all 3 L.E.D. colors to create white, it always has a pinkish hue to it.

So, that's the only thing I don't know is why aren't RGBW floods, strings and other RGBW lights supported.  Seems like it would have been much better to support each bulb, node that used the 4 color L.E.D.'s.

That's what I thought RGB Controllers would do too when they came out, but they don't.  Wonder if there was any specific or good reason for NOT supporting RGBW lighting?

1 issue with Pixies: The entire controller is a single chip Type. Power is not the issue with those (or LOR 50W) as they each have power supplies for the LED