Light-O-Rama Forums

Do unused Male ends on my pixel strings require a plastic cover to help my strings withstand the weather?

Gmitch

I have lost most of the twist end caps that were at the end of the pixel strings. Do exposed Male ends on my pixel strings require a plastic cover to help my strings withstand the weather? 

On 11/20/2023 at 8:56 PM, Jimehc said:

When identifying connectors the sex goes by the terminals ... Male is Pin, Female is Socket

Is it okay for the terminals to be exposed to the weather during the show season?

2 hours ago, Gmitch said:

Is it okay for the terminals to be exposed to the weather during the show season?

If you're ever going to connect something to that end, you should cover them.  If not, likely not a problem.  Don't leave them pointed up so water cant puddle in the connector.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 8:26 PM, Gmitch said:

I have lost most of the twist end caps that were at the end of the pixel strings. Do exposed Male ends on my pixel strings require a plastic cover to help my strings withstand the weather? 

What type comnectors are they, LOR type, Holiday Coro EZ-Plug3/X-Connect or ?

I use HC EZ-Plug3/X-Connect dangles and every single RGB light strand that has the female end(end of string) is always covered with a cap over it.  Keeps water, dirt, mud, and other debris out of them, including some criiters(insects, like wasps!).

If they are LOR types, I'd contact the help desk and see how you can get replacements.  I've never seen them for sale(or I couldn't find them) on the LOR main site.  So, they might be available via the LOR Help Desk, you'll need to open a ticket and ask about them.

If HC EZ-Plug3/X-Connect type, caps are available from the HC Coro site for both ends of the RGB light strings(NOT LOR), male and female.  When I take my RGB lights down for the season, I always cap off both ends of my RGB strings for protection and to keep dust or critters out of the connectors during storage.