Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help with Registry Error

SBrickey

Hello!

First and foremost, I am running 4.4.16.

We are reinstalling Light-O-Rama after a hard drive failure and every time that I try to launch the sequence editor I receive the attached error:

"Error starting the Light-O-Rama Registry Watcher: NetVersion)"

Any tips? This system is for a business that needs it urgently so any help at all is appreciated!

RegistryError - LightORama.PNG

You may need to run the LOR REGISTRY WIPE software to clear the registry, then reinstall the LOR software. 

You may also need to reinstall the FTDI USB Driver files.

You may also need to reinstall the latest Net drivers.

Good Luck.

16 minutes ago, Orville said:

You may need to run the LOR REGISTRY WIPE software to clear the registry, then reinstall the LOR software. 

You may also need to reinstall the FTDI USB Driver files.

You may also need to reinstall the latest Net drivers.

Good Luck.

Where do I find the registry wipe tool?

Also, I just now ran a reinstall of the software as administrator and yielded the same result.

5 hours ago, SBrickey said:

Where do I find the registry wipe tool?

Also, I just now ran a reinstall of the software as administrator and yielded the same result.

Did you also reinstall the FTDI USB Drivers.  I think, but not 100% sure, I got that error a long time ago when I upgraded my software, and I'm almost sure it wss due to not reinstalling the USB FTDI Drivers that allow the USB-RS485 Dongles to communicate to the controllers through the software sequencer.  I think if these files aren't installed, or installed incorrectly, the SE will not work or load without some error message.

As TheDucks stated, contact the LOR Help Desk, they can probably tell you exactly why you're getting that error code, and get you access to the LOR Registry Wipe software.