Light-O-Rama Forums

WS2811 LED lights

oldguy

13 hours ago, Jimehc said:

yup - you have to find the "Joint" between the working and non-working sections...

That Joint most likely had another input connection from a Controller Port....

Or you may even find that you can connect the working string to the non-working string at that joint location for use with the Tester Only..

You are probably correct, the lights were probably in sections and going to different ports, or possibly other controllers. 

So he needs to find the other connections, but chances are, if he can locate them, to use with the tester, he's going to need one or more extender cables to interconnect them with the tester. 

I doubt the lights connector(s) on the non-working strings will be anywhere near the other connectors on the side that's working.

If he could follow the wiring of the non-working lights he'll find the connectors, but as he said, snowing, so now a Spring project for him.

Sure glad I don't have that issue in my area of Florida.  It might get freezong cold here, but snow is extremely rare, and if it did, it doesn't stay around long enough to do much of anything. 

I think the one time it did snow in my area, it only lasted on the ground for about 1 to 2 hours at most. 

Someone actually made a snowman, but he was only about 1.5 to maybe 2 feet tall, and just melted away.🤣  Wouldn't even had known about it, if a news crew hadn't been there when they were building him.