Light-O-Rama Forums

Only the last 6 pixels light up on my strings

Vman67

When I connect my pixel strings to my pixie4d controller and run a test all lights work. However, when running a sequence only the last 6 pixels per string illuminates. Please advise

LAST 6?  Is the PORT set to be Reversed (in HU)? ( 💡 The test button pattern will start at the far end and end at the power end)

Your profile does not have a LOR version set  << might be specific to your issue

You did not mention what style of Strings (bullet, square, ribbon...) or where they were bought  (the chip does affect)

Pixels are in triples (R,G,B) per node (there are some R,G,B,W quads, but I am not sure if LOR has done support for those yet)

6 lights could be  6 nodes (bullets, squares) or 2 nodes (Ribbons or rectangles where there are 3 LED per associated chip:cut lines separate these grouped type )

How many pixels per string?  If they've been cut down from their original configuration, this can happen too. 

Did that to myself last year when I cut down an RGB Strand that had numerous pixels(nodes?) go bad in it.  Liked to drove me crazy trying to track down the problem!

I'm thinking the pixel prop is being controlled as if it's connected to a 16 channel AC controller.  Each RGB pixel is three channels so a 16 channel controller would blink the first 5 and 1/3 pixels... or the first 6 pixels.  The rest of the pixels on the string will stay dark. 

Is your sequence built to use pixels?

14 minutes ago, Vman67 said:

I bought the sequences from Lor. 

Is your controller set to the correct ID FOR PIXELS? The low ID numbers are for dumb nodes.

(see the chart on the LOR sequence site)

1- Go to the Hardware Utility and find the controller. At the bottom click on "configuration". On the next screen click on "Cosmic Color Ribbon/ Pixie Configuration". If the next screen is a rectangle click on "advanced". Ensure the pixel type says WS2811 800 khtz. Next check "number of pixels per port, change if needed. Next look at the Logical Resolution ---- LR MUST BE 50 ---- Do not change that.

If all of that is correct look inside the controller and ensure there is no jumper on JP5. If its there REMOVE it and do not replace.

Lets start there.

**** Add  Your pixel strings or prop may be in the wrong starting location. Most people that have this problem, its the first 5 or 6 nodes that light up. I believe my friend Chuck mentioned that above.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

What Unit ID did the HU find - by default they all come as Unit ID01 (which as stated is usually used for an AC Controller)

I would think that is your problem.... But now we need more information - what other controllers do you have and what are their assigned Unit ID's ?

Are you using LOR Purchased Sequences? Are you using the LOR Default Preview or Did you create your own?

What Props are you connecting to the pixie4 ?

Edited by Jimehc

Ah ! Yes I’m using purchased sequences but I’m assuming I’m using the default preview. Sounds like I’ve missed something out

Traditional or RGBPlus sequences and what Props?

LOR Sequences use Unit ID's 01-02-03-04-05-06 for AC Controllers - so the Unit ID on the Pixie needs to be reassigned using the DIP Switches... But to 'What" is the question?

The Preview is the Complete Roadmap to your Display and the hardware must match the assignments in the Preview..

Join this Facebook Group - it is better for posting pictures > https://www.facebook.com/groups/lorofficial

Edited by Jimehc

45 minutes ago, Vman67 said:

Thankyou everyone for your help today. I now have all lights working and look forward to building my display

Please share your findings so that anyone else with a similar situation that searches will find what you did to resolve the problem(s)

Thank you

JR