Light-O-Rama Forums

Original CCR and pixielink?

David Rise

• 3 weeks later...

HI David.  

Ive been using the pixie link and feel confident the answer is   yes it will 'work'.    You can think of the PixieLink as six RS485HS in the same box.   

BUT instead of setting the network speed in network connections,  you set the speed in the pixielink panels.    Another big but, is the original CCR wont be able to do any of the higher speeds.  If you put the oCCR on a PixieLink port set to 500k it will work.   Your higher speed controllers can go on other pixielink ports.

Ok so……

got my pixie link running  BUT….

the 4 CCRs. The first 36 pixels will not light on all 4.

they worked with the HS adaptor but not pixie link

woot!  almost there!     You may need to set the unit ids differently.      For my three Pixie links, I renumber them starting with 01.  

You have one pixie link port which is set to low network speed going to the first oCCR.  Then daisy from there to 2 3 4 ?

So  ive been thinking about the 'macro channels' messing up your counts.     I hope  you have

one universe for each oCCR

First oCCR set to unit 01  daisy to 02  etc

In PixieLink you list the four Universes in one port and say the pixel count is 50.      You will not have control of the macro channels. 

I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I got my pixielink figured out, configured, and set it up for my show.  Everything worked except my original CCRs.  The CCRs worked with my HS USB adapter,  but with the pixelink, the first 36 pixels do not light up.  All 4 do the same thing.  There's got to be something in the configuration that I'm missing.  I put everything back on the HS adapters and they all work again.  So it's got to be something in the DMX configuration.

• The topic was locked
20 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

So  ive been thinking about the 'macro channels' messing up your counts.     I hope  you have

one universe for each oCCR

First oCCR set to unit 01  daisy to 02  etc

In PixieLink you list the four Universes in one port and say the pixel count is 50.      You will not have control of the macro channels. 

The 4 CCRs are on Network 6 by themselves, using 1-4 (universe 97, 98, 99, 100)  I left the pixel count at 150 for all 6 networks.  

I'm probably going to just buy the new CCR2 ribbons and run them on the my spare Pixe4 controller.  Sad that I think I have 8 of these (I wanted 4 spares, just in case)  But these have been flawlessly since I bought them when they came out.  I have 1 ribbon where the blue led is out on 3 pixels, but I leave it alone.  Other than that, no other issues.   HUGE shout out to LOR for these units.

Edited by David Rise