Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Sequence Issue

Protege94

Having a weird issue with a sequence. This is the only sequence it is happening to which is weird. About 5 seconds in the controllers act like they lose connection to LOR and stop playing the sequence, but then after about 30 seconds they reconnect and play the sequence. I suspect this because the light on the controller board goes from solid to blinking and then back to solid. This only happens when the sequence runs during a "show" but not when running it directly from the sequence editor. None of my other sequences have this issue. I have checked all the channels multiple times and I am stumped.

Any suggestions? I just upgraded the firmware on all controllers and the issue still happens. I am on S4.

If its only this sequence and none of the others, what makes this sequence different than the others? Its been many years since I used S4, but have you ran the sequence compressor utility before hand? There is a note that some sequences cannot be compressed (See below). So if its not able to be compressed, perhaps the player is struggling to play the sequence in a timely manner?

Please note that not all sequences can be compressed.  In particular, any sequence that contains a loop cannot be compressed, nor can any sequence that contains two or more tracks with different time lengths.  If such a sequence is encountered, the Sequence Compressor will issue a "warning" (not an "error") about it.  This is because it's perfectly valid to make a sequence that (for example) contains two or more tracks with different time lengths, and if that's what you want to do, then that's fine, so it's not an "error".  But having two or more tracks of different lengths might be unintentional, and so the Sequence Compressor will "warn" about it, just so that you are aware of it, and can easily double check whether it is really what you want.

https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.4.16/help/

15 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

If its only this sequence and none of the others, what makes this sequence different than the others? Its been many years since I used S4, but have you ran the sequence compressor utility before hand? There is a note that some sequences cannot be compressed (See below). So if its not able to be compressed, perhaps the player is struggling to play the sequence in a timely manner?

Please note that not all sequences can be compressed.  In particular, any sequence that contains a loop cannot be compressed, nor can any sequence that contains two or more tracks with different time lengths.  If such a sequence is encountered, the Sequence Compressor will issue a "warning" (not an "error") about it.  This is because it's perfectly valid to make a sequence that (for example) contains two or more tracks with different time lengths, and if that's what you want to do, then that's fine, so it's not an "error".  But having two or more tracks of different lengths might be unintentional, and so the Sequence Compressor will "warn" about it, just so that you are aware of it, and can easily double check whether it is really what you want.

https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/4.4.16/help/

I have never compressed my sequences. I also ran it through the verifier and got no errors other than certain channels being off for the whole sequence, which is accurate because I dont use all channels on all of my controllers. But this is the only sequence that is having issues. I have even copied and pasted to a new sequence and saved that as a separate file and still same issue.

I would try compressing your sequences to see if it makes a difference. You would need to do it whenever you make a change to the sequences and before your show plays. From what I am understanding now, I believe it should help.

14 hours ago, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

I would try compressing your sequences to see if it makes a difference. You would need to do it whenever you make a change to the sequences and before your show plays. From what I am understanding now, I believe it should help.

I will try this and report back.