Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting sequences off a SD Card

Rolltide1984

We have an SD Card that we used with a director last year. We had a computer crash and lost our files. I tried opening up the sequence files from that card but it doesn't show them as available to open. I had hoped maybe we could salvage those sequence and mp3 files.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access them from that SD Card?

1 hour ago, Rolltide1984 said:

We have an SD Card that we used with a director last year. We had a computer crash and lost our files.

I know this does not help you now, but for future reference:

2 hours ago, Rolltide1984 said:

We have an SD Card that we used with a director last year. We had a computer crash and lost our files. I tried opening up the sequence files from that card but it doesn't show them as available to open. I had hoped maybe we could salvage those sequence and mp3 files.

Does anyone know if there is a way to access them from that SD Card?

Crash? Can mean a lot of things to regular folk.  Was it a Hard drive fail?

No: Do you still have the unit? Place the drive in a USB caddy (or just use an 'cloning' adapter. No case) to get at files (and save them to more robust location).

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Crash? Can mean a lot of things to regular folk.  Was it a Hard drive fail?

No: Do you still have the unit? Place the drive in a USB caddy (or just use an 'cloning' adapter. No case) to get at files (and save them to more robust location).

Won't do any good.  MP3 files ARE the ONLY ones you can salvage from a created Show SD Card. 

The .las or .lms sequences files are ALL converted to a .SEQ file when written to the SD card as a show file that ONLY the Director can use.

These .SEQ files are NOT CONVERTABLE back to their .las or .lms counterparts, once in the .SEQ format, that's it, SE CAN NOT read it or use it.

As Don said, no way to convert them back.  Just not possible.

36 minutes ago, Orville said:

Won't do any good.  MP3 files ARE the ONLY ones you can salvage from a created Show SD Card. 

The .las or .lms sequences files are ALL converted to a .SEQ file when written to the SD card as a show file that ONLY the Director can use.

These .SEQ files are NOT CONVERTABLE back to their .las or .lms counterparts, once in the .SEQ format, that's it, SE CAN NOT read it or use it.

As Don said, no way to convert them back.  Just not possible.

My reply was asking if he had the sick PC. He may have a chance at the original files.

The computer we had all the files on crashed and they were not able to get anything off the hard drive. We were just trying to find a way to salvage the sequences we had before. We have some from several years ago but will have to go in and tweak/edit to make them work. I had just hoped maybe there was a way to get them off the SD card we used last year.

There is a BIG difference between a "Crash" and a "Drive Failure"... More then likely your files were intact after the "Crash" , but a Drive Failure would of made the Drive inaccessible and very difficult to recover any files....

Edited by Jimehc

Don, most folks simply reformat and reinstall the OS - because they could not access the PC via the booting/bootable OS...

But what I have done (PC Recovery & Software Development) for many years, is not going to help anyone now..

12 hours ago, Rolltide1984 said:

The computer we had all the files on crashed and they were not able to get anything off the hard drive. We were just trying to find a way to salvage the sequences we had before. We have some from several years ago but will have to go in and tweak/edit to make them work. I had just hoped maybe there was a way to get them off the SD card we used last year.

Contact Samsung, I had an issue but not LOR files, puctures from an old HDD and Samsung was able to recover 95% of the data.

it cost me some $ but pictures that were from the 40’s through 90’s was in it. The HDD was not a Samsung.

They sent me a USB drive with the files on it.

That’s if you feel the files are worth it.

JR

• Like 1