Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC Gen 2

TheDucks

I have 1 channel (3)  that tests with HU, but when I enable a show (schedule not triggered yet), The channel twinkles. (no show playing)

It is on a  network by itself, at 115K , not enhanced.

I have cleared standalone sequences (the message say sent)

I have done the Jumper move reset.

It seemst play a sequence fine, but about 30 seconds after exiting, it starts blinking.

Ideas??

FYI 1 - There is no such thing as a "G2" controller. What you are seeing is a screen printing error. It's a G3 controller, FYI.
FYI 2 - CTB16 can't do standalone. Sending a 'Clear' to it isn't going to do anything.

If a channel is doing anything when it isn't receiving a command to do so, then it's the Triac.

It has a RED LED and runs v4.40 firmware (I always heard these were 2nd generation

I have bad Triacs in 2 other channels One is full on, the other is Half on STEADY

This goes out for a few moments (when it should), then come back blinking, lots slower than 60 blinks per second (I first thought it was a Triac, but those don't un-fail during a sequence

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered the Moc3023 chip? Sounds like you have some kind of bleeding going on. This chip signals the Triac when to fire and is your connection between high voltage and low voltage. A couple other things you might consider is changing the baud rate possibly and or try a totally different controller if you have it/can and see if it does the same thing? Then you will be able to identify that it is something between the computer/adapter and not the controller. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lightningrod4life said:

Have you considered the Moc3023 chip? Sounds like you have some kind of bleeding going on. This chip signals the Triac when to fire and is your connection between high voltage and low voltage. A couple other things you might consider is changing the baud rate possibly and or try a totally different controller if you have it/can and see if it does the same thing? Then you will be able to identify that it is something between the computer/adapter and not the controller. 

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately things are moot as I have gone dark as of last week. I have been evicted and must be out by the end of the year. My original plans reuse many of the props for different seasons. It took me about 4 days (I can only work a few hrs at a time before I run out of energy) to take down and pack what was up.

This was the only controller on that network, being the only Gen 2 and slow device. The pattern persisted even after removing the network cable (and the schedule was not running on others. Red tray bulb)???? A power cycle stops this UNTIL I start-stop the lights again. 

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

I have been evicted and must be out by the end of the year.

That sucks!  Good luck on your un-planned move.

• Like 1