Light-O-Rama Forums

yet another, finding controller problem

f0bic

This is my first year doing light-o-rama, and I got six of the CTB-16D controllers. They were all kits. Everything was going smooth, they all were deluxe kits and had switches set to the right IDs, the first four connected no problem...and then came number five and six.... hardware utility didn't find them... I did everything I have read.. resets, changing ids, forcing through hex, no luck.. So I brought them in and connected them right to the computer and still could not find them. I check all the connections, all seems good. the red led just blinks.. never goes steady on... I'm on vista....have LOR2 newest hardware tool..any ideas?

Sounds like it could be the communications chip. Exchange the chip with one from a working controller and see if it is reconized. Then contact LOR support to get the new chips sent to you.

maybe a stupid question but which one is that.. the only two that I can remove are the two small ones and the one large one under the cat5 connects (that would be my guess) also .. it is happening with two different controllers... just bad luck?

I got it... duhhh I feel stupid... I had two of the micro processors backwards.... they both have the same number of pins and I thought that they were the same..... after close inspection they were marked different... THANKS JOHN FOR THE REPLY IT GOT ME GOING IN RIGHT DIRECTION