Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing color order in CMB24D

TexasLights

One set of flood lights that I have are RBG vs RGB.  Is there an easy way on an CMB24D to change the order or is the only option to rewire it to match the flood lights?

Color order does not really apply to a dumb RGB device since each of the three primary colors is a separate wire.  Yes, the light wiring needs to be connected to the correct port on the DC controller.

Kinda curious what is actually wrong?  Are you saying that the wire that is supposed to be green is actually Blue and vice versa?  Or is a connector wired different?  Or something else?

Right, i have 3 sets of 8 lghts and controllers. One set of lights comes on green instead of blue and vice versa, red is fine. Rewiring one of the controllers so the green and blue are reversed works but i was hoping maybe one of the dip switches would reverse green and blue.  

all the same but I went ahead and switched the 2 of them so the lights line up with the intended one. A pain since the angle of the wires have to go in. Was easiery to pull the board out, swap them and put it back togehter. just have to mark which lights go with which. Thanks 

As I recall, the colors on the flood wiring is Red / Green / Blue / either white or black for the common plus.  Confirming that on one set of the floods, the green wire is actually blue light and the blue wire is actually green light?

yes, my wire colors are black, red, yellow, and green - for 2 controllers, it is now BRGY (and red is red, green is green and yellow is blue), but fot this set of flood lights (all identical externally), the wiring is BRYG to get them to display green/blue to match the expected color.  Strange stuff.  But it works. 

5 hours ago, TexasLights said:

One set of flood lights that I have are RBG vs RGB.  Is there an easy way on an CMB24D to change the order or is the only option to rewire it to match the flood lights?

Who sold the floods?

FWIW I wanted a few extra LOR 10W flood dangles. (I have my floods on different controllers, not a controller for the floods). LOR sold me some extensions to cut up. Those were off 1 pin  from the standard  with the silver tag

i got them second hand and the controller and cables were from Holiday Coro but the floods do not have any tag to be sure.  As I said, i just rewired them to get the right color and I am happy.  Thanks for all of the useful replies. 

• 1 month later...

just adding a note in case someone finds this thread later. I found a simple solution. In the prop definition, you can define the channel color for the dumb RGB devices.  So I just needed to do this one as RBG and it works perfectly without the rewiring.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just had the same problem in a roundabout way. I had cut the spotlight cable with a hedge trimmer and had to fix it. When I went into the back of the flood, the blue and green wires were reversed. Thinking back, I did have a problem with a light when programming it but I had let it slide.

I bought the CMB24D and the eight floods directly from Light-o-rama so I assumed they were brand new. When I removed the back cover on this one spot, I notice someone had replaced the gasket with silicone sealer sometime. I would guess something happened at the factory & whoever resolodered the wires got it wrong.

I soldered the wires back correctly and everything is fine.