Light-O-Rama Forums

Pre live night....shows just wont start even though comm's boards ok, please help!

Christmas_time_karl_UK

Hello to all my friends across the pond! Its been very rainy here in England but we finally have our lights up! I am attempting to do a pre-launch test before going live tomorrow night, however a single sequence ive put into a show and into the right time slot on the shedule BUT the show doesnt play.....

32 channels- both boards have a solid on LED/status light

I CAN control lights via hardware utility

If I make up a quick test sequence in the seq editor I can control the lights via it, however shows I made on another pc even though Ive opend and saved it on the show pc wont work....

Ive checked the chanel config and changed any dashers to LOR boards....in the sequence editor it wont play with or without lights on.....

Can someone please help, this is only my 3rd year and Im still quite a newbie at 19 years young:(

Many thanks & belated happy thanks givings!

Carl,

Look for the post w/ the attachment I made in this thread. Make sure any channels are completly defined, or not defined at all.

A partial configuration of a channel will cause the sequence to fail when run through the show player.

Karl,

Based on your symptoms (nice detail in your posting), I think I know what is going on. Well, at least it is the most common type of problem. The biggest clue was that you mentioned running the show on another computer.

In your Show Editor, remove and add the show sequences ON THE SHOW COMPUTER. It could be that the show editor is trying to find the sequences with a folder/path name that is different than on the computer where you created the show. This will always cause a problem if you use different operating systems on the two computers, or will occur if you don't have the same user login name between the two computers.

I am not sure of the exact reason why this occurs, and perhaps LOR can comment on this, but I am guessing it is because the show editor is storing absolute path names instead of relative path names when sequences are added to the list in the show editor. The result is precisely as you mentioned. The show won't run because every time the show software tries to load a sequence, it isn't found in the path because it was created on another computer where the path names are likely different.

Thanks for your quick replies, fortunatly I found Dons past post but this wasnt the problem, Richard was spot on, I did manage to fix it before your reply though but thanks for confirming what I did wrong, I have learnt something new!

thanks

Christmas_time_karl_UK wrote:

Thanks for your quick replies, fortunatly I found Dons past post but this wasnt the problem, Richard was spot on, I did manage to fix it before your reply though but thanks for confirming what I did wrong, I have learnt something new!

thanks

GREAT !!! Now you can sleep :-)
I might mention for other folks that another problem that gives similar symptoms is that the sequences also can't find the audio files due to path differences. This is a less common error since it is pretty obvious by opening the sequence in the editor on the show computer and having the sequence warn you it can't find the file. I wish the show editor would test for this condition and warn the user when opening the show (hint to LOR). Otherwise, it doesn't play the show and you don't know why.

And hello to all my music buddies in the UK.