Light-O-Rama Forums

Save a schedule

Calhoun lights

I get a warning when I try to save a schedule that I have created. Show editor lets me set up a show using a sequence from the sequence editor. I change the file name to las and save the show. Go to schedule editor and set the schedule and when I try to do the save as, a small box appears stating “can’t save file”. No other information is available, anyone have a clue. If all else fails my next step would be to reinstall LOR. Thanks for any suggestions. Bon

It's been years since I used S4 so I may be totally remembering this wrong.  However as I recall, within the S4 (and S3) software you can only have one weekly schedule and one calendar schedule.  You can't have multiple of them.  However, there is a workaround.  In Windows File Explorer (or whatever they call it in the version of Windows you are using), you can rename either the weekly schedule or calendar schedule to some other name for "storage".  That's what I did.  That way I had a year round landscape lighting schedule, a Halloween schedule, and a Christmas schedule.  That way, when I needed to change schedules, I would delete the active schedule, and copy which ever of the schedules I needed and name the copy the name of the active schedule.  And I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the active schedule.  As I recall the two schedules are in the top level of the LOR directory.  As I said, I may be remembering that completely wrong...

Note, S6 makes it FAR easier to turn on or off different shows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

As I said, I may be remembering that completely wrong...

You are remembering it correctly. I did it that way for years on at a client site.

14 minutes ago, Don said:

You are remembering it correctly. I did it that way for years on at a client site.

Thanks Don.  At least some of the brain is still working!