Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming arches and smaller trees

marty h

S6 pro license. Ive done a good bit of programming with the 2 16 ‘ pixie tree i have. 
im using last year’s sequences but replacing led with rgb lights  on my my big arches and 6’ trees. 

suggested short cuts or tips on programming. 

thanks in advance 

marty

@marty h

Chases will be your friend for the arches. You can also use a motion row effects for it. The SingleBlock effect does a good job of taking over a manual channel level chase. Thanks Audrey for the tip on this!

Your 6ft tree, I assume it's strips? Just program it like a giant mini tree. You will want to create a bunch of motion rows to help speed things up though. Audrey has a pretty good video on that as well.

You can watch one of my videos to see how I did them.

Edited by gsmith37064

20 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

@marty h

Chases will be your friend for the arches. You can also use a motion row effects for it. The SingleBlock effect does a good job of taking over a manual channel level chase. Thanks Audrey for the tip on this!

Your 6ft tree, I assume it's strips? Just program it like a giant mini tree. You will want to create a bunch of motion rows to help speed things up though. Audrey has a pretty good video on that as well.

You can watch one of my videos to see how I did them.

6,’ tree actually has 50 rgb bullet set 

1 hour ago, marty h said:

Anyone have a screen shot of prop definition for 1 set of 50 bullet rgb lights

Use a lines-connected prop. This would be like doing a 50 node strand for the eve of your house or something like that. Make sure it's set to RGB.

4 hours ago, marty h said:

Anyone have a screen shot of prop definition for 1 set of 50 bullet rgb lights

Here you go.  The top part is the prop Arch 1 and the bottom part is the entire preview with Arch 1 selected (and therefore red in the preview).

In the event that your browser does not embed the image, there is a direct link to it below the image.

One_arch_in_Preview.png

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/One_arch_in_Preview.png

Exactly the same as Arch #1 except that it's Unit ID 22 instead of 21.  Those six arches are built using three sets of the original Cosmic Color Pixels.  Each controller has two strings of 50 pixels.  There is a controller between Arch #1 and Arch #2 that feeds one string to each of those two arches.  Similarly there is a controller between Arch #3 and Arch #4, and another controller between Arch #5 and Arch #6.  In the CCP configuration, on each of those three controllers,, string #1 is set up as reversed so that although the physical string is fed from the right to left, it acts as though it is fed from left to right.  That way all six strings are pixel 1 on the left as far as the review and sequencing is concerned.

Here is a photo of Arches #1 and #2 with their controller (under the trash bag):

2014_2_arches.jpg

http://www.newburghlights.org/photos/2014_2_arches.jpg