Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL and Director

Sterling

on the ELL page it states: 

PIXEL OPTION You can connect Multi-network G4 show directors together with ELLs. This allows you to split your pixel show across multiple directors which are synchronized via ELLs. This option requires an N4-G4-MP3 ShowTime Director.

I run my show via laptop because I have video    Does anyone know if I can connect an ELL to my laptop, the other ELL to port 1 on the director and run my pixel8 off another network on the director?  (set to high speed)

other options to avoid long cat5 runs?  

thanks! 

Pixels need to be on a high speed network and ELLs cannot do high speed. So if pixels are involved then you cannot use ELLs on a network. As far as Director to Director or Computer to Director I don't think you can do a computer to director and director to director uses up one of the networks on each director.

Edited by Mr. P

I get that except they have figured out a way to make it work.  I think they are taking 2 directors with cloned cards. The primary director is just syncing over the ELL but both can run pixels on the other network ports.  I am just trying to see if that can be done with a computer in the mix instead.  

The ELL when used with the two directors is to keep the Directors in sync.

When creating the SD Card - you are given the option to use Multi Directors - and each Director will have its own SD Card

Edited by Jimehc

5 hours ago, Sterling said:

on the ELL page it states: 

PIXEL OPTION You can connect Multi-network G4 show directors together with ELLs. This allows you to split your pixel show across multiple directors which are synchronized via ELLs. This option requires an N4-G4-MP3 ShowTime Director.

I run my show via laptop because I have video    Does anyone know if I can connect an ELL to my laptop, the other ELL to port 1 on the director and run my pixel8 off another network on the director?  (set to high speed)

other options to avoid long cat5 runs?  

thanks! 

That is only for  a Master slave SET OF DIRECTORS.

I asked about what you wanted (the PC acting as a Master) with only the ELL on the port assigned to sync. It was not available (yet, with no time frame).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

The ELL when used with the two directors is to keep the Directors in sync.

When creating the SD Card - you are given the option to use Multi Directors - and each Director will have its own SD Card

Bummer you can’t create 1 card and have the pc be the master.  Can’t be much different than having two directors in sync.  Oh well one day.