Light-O-Rama Forums

Help-I can't figure out why my sequence won't play!

MBGHouse

Hardware Utility. This is how toy test and configure most controllers  (The tray Icon says HU when running)

3 hours ago, MBGHouse said:

I did put him on unit ID 30. But it has still stayed a back up singer. 

What Song?

When I go to Configure Controllers in the Control Panel to configure and test only my Pixie16 controller shows up, not my Pixie2 for my Gourdy face. They are Daisy chained together. I have changed the unit ID for Gourdy to 30 and Jack to 32. 

Thriller

13 hours ago, MBGHouse said:

What is HU? Sorry, I’m new. 

HU or sometimes HW, refers to the LOR Hardware Utility program where you set and define certain aspects for controllers, (especially RGB controllers like the Pixies), lights and some specific LOR props (like the singing faces LOR sells).

11 hours ago, MBGHouse said:

When I go to Configure Controllers in the Control Panel to configure and test only my Pixie16 controller shows up, not my Pixie2 for my Gourdy face. They are Daisy chained together. I have changed the unit ID for Gourdy to 30 and Jack to 32. 

Thriller

What ID does your Pixle16D start at, and end at?  It sounds possibly like there is a possibility you have overlapping port issues between the controllers.  I can add my 2 Pixie4D controllers and my 3 Pixie2D controllers all daisy-chained and the HU picks up all 6 controllers1 if all on the sam1 network. 

But if ANY one of them overlapped using the same port number on a different controller, the controller with the overlapping (same) port number(s) won't show up in the HU.

Remember, controllers use HEXADECIMAL numbering, NOT Decimal. 

So if your first controller started at 01 for a Pixie16D, it would end at 11 Hexidecimal (16 decimal).

Your next controller daisy-chained would start at 12 hexadecimal, not its decimal number of 17, if you put in decimal 17 for the Hex number, that would be the decimal number 22, so your controller ID would be incorrect, if you're following your controller numbers in sequential order.

This is what I'm thinking might be your issue with the HU not finding your controllers.

Edited by Orville

On 10/15/2023 at 2:09 AM, Orville said:

So if your first controller started at 01 for a Pixie16D, it would end at 11 Hexidecimal (16 decimal).

Hexadecimal 10 is 16 Decimal. Just sayin'. 

22 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Hex is base 0, while decimal is usually base 1.

LOR ID 00 is not allowed in a sequence (all switches OFF in a controller is special. Use stored instead)

45 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Hex is base 0, while decimal is usually base 1.

Sorry, need to correct you... 

Hexadecimal is base 16 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal)
Decimal is base 10  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal

You were thinking of zero or one based array indexing, which is something else entirely. https://medium.com/analytics-vidhya/array-indexing-0-based-or-1-based-dd89d631d11c#:~:text=Zero-based array indexing is,in today's modern mathematical notation.

But definitely can't set a unit ID to 0.

• Like 1

No problem. I was thinking more like some other app I used where you count from 0 up vs 1 up and you declared the variable 'base'

1 hour ago, tlogan said:

Hex: 01, 02, 03, 04  05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A(10), 0B(11), 0C(12), 0D(13), 0E(14), 0F(15), 10(16), 11(17)

If you were paying attention I said if the Pixie16D started with ID 02 it would end at ID 11(Dec. 17).  Not 10, then, yes 16 dec./hex 10 would be correct if I had started at ID 01 in my example, but the 01 WAS NOT the Pixie16D Controller, it was the 1st Controller in the chain.

Stupid cell phone keyboard, there was supposed to be a comma after the 01, showing that the Pixie would start at ID 02.  And that missing comma makes that statement read somewhat incorrectly.  And I guess I should have defined ID 01 as being a single ID controller, such as a CTB16PC controller.  Sorry about the confusion, totally unintentional.

Edited by Orville