Light-O-Rama Forums

Touble setting up CF50D Flood Light

Scott011422

Hey guys

Im having some trouble getting this flood light to work. I opened the light and hard set the address to "11". If I go into the hardware configurator, the software finds the flood on id "11" and everything works fine. I can command each color, mix them, set intensities. All good.

I went into the preview and selected:

1) add

2) lor device

3) CF50D flood

4) id "11"

It adds the light to the preview no problem. except nothing works. I program it through the sequencer and nothing happens, I use the new testing option when LOR first opens and nothing, I use the testing through the phone app and nothing happens.

What am I missing here? Obviously the light works if I can command it through the hardware configurator right??

I'm at work right now so I cant look up exactly what it is, Its its maxed for the LOR enhanced network.

So did some googling and that sucks. For testing tonight, I'll turn the network speed down and see if that fixes my problems. How can I fix this? The mega trees and pixel trees and such are not going to run worth a damn at 500k.

Edited by Scott011422

24 minutes ago, Scott011422 said:

I'm at work right now so I cant look up exactly what it is, Its its maxed for the LOR enhanced network.

So did some googling and that sucks. For testing tonight, I'll turn the network speed down and see if that fixes my problems. How can I fix this? The mega trees and pixel trees and such are not going to run worth a damn at 500k.

Why not add another network (or 2), since it appears from your statement that you are pushing the one you have, hard.

BTW you might want to do so for another reason: Interactive (a button/motion trip) can't be on an enhanced network.

You never mention how many pixel controllers you have or how many pixels.

However as my friend above states you may want to add additional networks to ensure you have a trouble free show. I have had up to 12 networks in the past with original pixie controllers. I have been able to bring that count down to 9 with update software/ firmware and devices.

In the past I have had 2 - 2400 pixel matrixs and a CCR tree along with ac controllers on one network and that was before 1000K was possible.

*** If you have it added to the preview and in sequencer and it doesnt light in the preview during playback your prop def is not correct. That is totally independent of the hardware itself. Ensure your network assigned is correct. One of the easiest props to assign. IMO

J.R.

Edited by dibblejr

Im just starting out, So I don't have much, about 1600 pixels.  I have a 800 pixel mini-mega tree running on a Pixie8. Then 6x RGB floods, 2x 150 pixel strip leaping arches and 4x 100 pixel spiral trees on another Pixie8. I was in the process of building up another Pixie8 for some more props this year, But ran out of year. 

I havent needed to look into networks yet. How do I setup a second one? Does it all run within the same hardware? Is is it a whole nother physical network? If so, How does that work? Do I just need another dongle?

37 minutes ago, Scott011422 said:

Im just starting out, So I don't have much, about 1600 pixels.  I have a 800 pixel mini-mega tree running on a Pixie8. Then 6x RGB floods, 2x 150 pixel strip leaping arches and 4x 100 pixel spiral trees on another Pixie8. I was in the process of building up another Pixie8 for some more props this year, But ran out of year. 

I havent needed to look into networks yet. How do I setup a second one? Does it all run within the same hardware? Is is it a whole nother physical network? If so, How does that work? Do I just need another dongle?

That should not cause you any problem on a single NW.

Do the RGB floods work in the preview window during playback?

To add another NW you need another adapter configured to another NW thats open and assign whatever props you will have on it. But you should not have any problems with the aforementioned list.

J.R.

The 6x RGB floods are small 10W units that are powered by the Pixie8. They don't pack the punch to light up my 2 story house front. So I bought the 50w last year and never got it to work.

All floods work on the playback.

Thats pretty simple.

we will see how tonight goes.

A 'Network' is a (LOR Adapter and CAT5)

Be sure you don't have an ID overlap.  The Pixie 8 uses 8 ID's starting at the ONE YOU SET.  

Both the CMB24 and the CF50 can be on a normal network.

6 minutes ago, Scott011422 said:

The 6x RGB floods are small 10W units that are powered by the Pixie8. They don't pack the punch to light up my 2 story house front. So I bought the 50w last year and never got it to work.

Oh, these are not LOR 10W floods.  My comment on overlap still applies.

This did the trick. As soon as I set the network to 500K, everything worked great. Guess I need another network.

Thanks Guys

4 hours ago, Scott011422 said:

This did the trick. As soon as I set the network to 500K, everything worked great. Guess I need another network.

Thanks Guys

Having a spare adapter never hurts.  (and having a full set if you get 🌩️) My spare is also my 'experimental / test bench' network. 

💡 I use the device Manager in Windows so all my systems (W/LOR) use the same COM#  (On the advanced setting) per adapter (I have marked them Reg,AuxA,AuxB,AuxC. AuxC is my test/spare) no matter which it plugs into.

5 hours ago, Scott011422 said:

The list of devices that can handle 1000K speed is very short...

Setting up a second network is pretty easy.  And I agree with having an extra USB to RS-485 adapter in stock.  One of the first spare parts to keep on hand...