Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 11 / Mac Parallels / USB Dongle not working

filmguyvince

Hello,

I saw this topic from last year but it didn't seem resolved. I'm running LOR on a Windows 11 install using Parallels on a Mac with Apple Silicon. Everything seems to be working so far, but can't get the USB dongle to connect properly to get connect the software to the hardware. I've tried everything I could find but nothing seems to work. This is how the device is showing up in Device Manager:

image.thumb.png.9b693167edfb93025acaf238f6d75e75.png

Auto Connect doesn't work and not seeing any new ports in Manual Select. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Vince

This is almost certainly going to end up being a Mac issue, and not a Windows related issue.  Way too many hardware specific issues with mac computers trying to emulate Windows under Parallels.  Unfortunately I can't help you solve it since I have not used a Mac since the early 1990s when I was forced into it at work for a few months.

14 hours ago, Jimehc said:

The Driver does not support the ARM Processor.....

But this was the Best $200 - I spent in this hobby so far

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BC7S9R5C?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I have bought 2 off-lease (mid-tower, Office class) refurbs over the years. https://www.walmart.com/search?q=off lease desktops&typeahead=off lease

These frequently come with a new, bigger HD, RAM and a fresh W10/11 pro license. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna toss this into the frey: the FTDI driver on non-Windows systems is, shall I say, somewhat deficient.  While I cannot fully verify the MacOS version (some experiments suggest it is similar), others (BSD, Linux, and yes, even Solaris derivitives) are incomplete and cannot get the interface into the fastest mode, and *must* be run at 115k.  I've tried updating the Linux driver, but without more information on the dongle hardware itself, it will never get above 115k (a prime reason I don't use an alternate sequencer).