Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot start LOR Sequence Editor

mmaness

When I try to start my LOR Sequence Editor, I get the following popup dialog box: Error starting the Light-O-Rama Registry Watcher: (NetVersion).  What's going on and what can I do to fix this?

LOR 4.4.16

First try a power off restart. If that doesn't work, uninstall LOR, download a fresh copy of your version, and reinstall.

If it asks to install.net framework say yes

I don't recall where it's located in Windows, but I had to go into my Windows settings and make LOR software an exception.

I also had to do this with a couple of virus scanners I tested (Avast, McCaffee), because they kept blocking the LOR software from operating.  You'll have to go into the settings of your virus or malware software to make the LOR software an exception.

You can still scan the LOR software, but it has to be done manually, at least that's what I had to do when I encountered issues with the LOR software not operating correctly, or being blocked from running.

I've tried all that, and nothing works.  Here's the frustrating part - I tried to create a Help Desk ticket for LOR help.  Yeah, right.  Even though I've created tickets in the past, it didn't recognize me.  I finally managed to register, and filled out a ticket.  Only authorized users may create a ticket.  Wait- what?  I have had LOR for years .. I've created them in the past.  I have a license key for S6 pro.  WTF LOR?  All I'm doing is wanting to get the software running on my new PC.  That's all.  I've asked on FB forums, this forum, and everyone says the same thing - uninstall and reinstall the software.  I've done this dozens of times.  I've redownloaded the install file many times.  I've both hard and soft booted the system so many times that the PC is probably wondering what is going on.  And now LOR won't accept my Help Desk ticket?  It's almost enough to make me switch to XLights.  And I'm a long time IT professional, so I do know my way around a PC.  I'm stumped and I can't even get LOR to help.  

image.thumb.png.767a0b423ddbf2ca9283f9a2e1eaf58b.png

Edited by mmaness

Jimehc, I own you a cold one!  That fixed it.  I did have to rename the file from the Dropbox with an .exe extension, but it worked like a charm!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

My regwipe I think.

Yes, sorry ,, dummy me.  PhilMassey, I owe YOU a cold one.  Sorry, and mega thanks!

23 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

My regwipe I think.

Nice, I saw the same post on FB last night but I no longer have the registry watcher LMBO

JR

• 2 months later...

After dusting off my LOR Controller and hooking up to a new PC I was having the same problem when launching the LOR Hardware app.

I wiped the registry, deleted and then reloaded the LOR software. Same issue. I then set the exception to the folder in Windows 10, but that didn't solve it initially. (maybe it helped - link on how to do that below).  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26

Finally, I hit the 'Auto Configure' button under the 'Setup Comm Port' in the LOR Hardware app.

It solved the issue and found the controller.

GTG 😊👍