Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Star Topper to Pixel Tree

Raine

I am a pro level S6 user. Adding a star topper to the top of my pixel trees. They are 16x75 (180 degree) trees. I am trying to add a 3 layer star (90 nodes - 20..30..& 40) to the back end of strand 16. I can test the star alone and all of the nodes work. This example is using Unit ID 09 for the pixel tree, so channel 16 is unit ID 18, with the star beginning on channel 226. I believe the issue is in my preview, but I cant seem to figure out why all of the pixels wont come on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

Doing this on my phone, so not the best view.  The preview looks fine as far as I can tell (assuming the Unit ID and network are correct.

Looks like you are getting the first 25 pixels on the star lit - in addition to presumably the 75 of the tree string.  That totals 100 pixels working.  I'm going to suspect you are using a Pixie16 controller and as I recall, the Pixie defaults to 100 pixels per port max.  There is a setting for that in the Pixie setup - never used one, so can't tell you where....

Which pixie controller are you using?

I believe your units ID is off, they go by Hexadecimal 

J.R.

edit- your numbers if using a Pixie16 is correct

go into The advanced settings in HU and change port 16 to 170 pixels 

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you so much guys, I’m using the Pixie16D, 2nd gen. I tried a few times to reconfigure to 170 pixels per port, and it wouldn’t take the change. I finally realized the JP5 jumper was overriding the change, so I pulled it. Once I did that it worked. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Edited by Raine