Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Singing Monster Faces

Eagle Haunt

Hi All! 

I have been using LOR S4 for quite some time and have my singing monster faces loaded pretty nicely in there...however I upgraded to S5 and I'm curious how to get the monster faces into S5. When i try to import the old .lms files to convert them to the .loredit files, the monsters don't appear. Does anyone have any insight on how to create/build the singing monster faces? 

Eagle Haunt

Are you importing the faces with the built in Animator in S4 or the Visualizer?

I have the Monster Faces in S4/ S5 and S6 so if nothing else I can send you a Preview with them.

J.R.

I'm guessing you were used to using Visualizer.  It's been a while, but I remember a tool that converted the Visualizer file to a Preview file.        In S5 a Preview file with all of your elements must be created before you sequence your lights and you should have this complete before opening your sequences from S4

Make sure you keep the names of each prop the same as you were using in S4 to keep things simple. However, when you open another sequence, a dialog box will open letting you open your newly created preview file with options to match up props that have a different name. Once you get into the sequencer, any unmatched props will still be there and you can copy paste rows as needed. I'm pretty sure I had to re-create my face props. Standard LOR props and many third party props are on a drop down labeled ADD with a big green plus symbol in  the Preview Design window. The first entry on the ADD command (Create a new PROP using one of the built-in shapes, or define a custom shape) lets you create a new prop fairly easily. The two attached tutorials should get you going.

Here are links to tutorial created by Luminous Harmony  There is a note about version 5.5.0 having an easier utility built in. Luminous Harmony does a great job of keeping up on the puzzles we face. check out the rest of their videos.

@dibblejr I have S5 but upgrading to S6. I dont have the preview i guess??? Every time i try to import them over, i dont see a preview and i guess i have to create one?? S5 is a whole new ball game with LOR for me. S4 was easy haha I just want to know how to get the singing monster faces.

4 hours ago, Eagle Haunt said:

@dibblejr I have S5 but upgrading to S6. I dont have the preview i guess??? Every time i try to import them over, i dont see a preview and i guess i have to create one?? S5 is a whole new ball game with LOR for me. S4 was easy haha I just want to know how to get the singing monster faces.

Message me your email address and I will send you the HC monster singers preview.

JR