Light-O-Rama Forums

snow machines and dmx flame machine

Pioerpaolo

Hi friends, stupid question, but I would like to buy some cars and I don't want to make wrong purchases, so I'll ask first. Is it possible to insert in the sequences dmx machines such as a machine that shoots flames and a snow machine????

LOR supports DMX so it is possible and a few videos out there of people doing it.   LOR doesn't suggest controlling flame throwers since DMX is not guaranteed delivery so its possible it could miss the shutoff command and its intended for unattended operations and you typically want any fire around unless your are there.  Of course the latter one is easy if you only run them when you are there. I considered it at one time and there are some pretty good examples but I never took that leap. I looked at snow machines too but they seemed a bit hit and miss at least for SE Texas. 

2 hours ago, TexasLights said:

LOR supports DMX so it is possible and a few videos out there of people doing it.   LOR doesn't suggest controlling flame throwers since DMX is not guaranteed delivery so its possible it could miss the shutoff command and its intended for unattended operations and you typically want any fire around unless your are there.  Of course the latter one is easy if you only run them when you are there. I considered it at one time and there are some pretty good examples but I never took that leap. I looked at snow machines too but they seemed a bit hit and miss at least for SE Texas. 

Myself, living in a manufactured home, I avoid any flame machines for obvious reasons.  Don't want to burn down the entire neighborhood!  For those that may not know, most manufactured homes are nothing more than a glorified mobile home that looks similar to a regular house, and once they catch fire, usually no saving it, and fires from one can spread quickly, as most are so clise together, several can be destroyed in the process.🫨🫨🫨

btw:  Snow machines aren't too great in Florida either, not in the central or southern parts.🤣🤣🤣