Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog Does Not Operate With Sequencer

TikiDude

Hi Everybody! I just found this forum as I have had pretty good luck with my LOR setup in the past and haven’t sought out help but now I have an issue and I’m lucky to have found this place.

I have a tiki bird show I setup a couple years ago I’m resurrecting that used a 16 channel AC controller and a servodog. I went to bench test everything to make sure all was working but the servodog would not operate any servos or digital channels when run by the sequencer. The hardware utility and servodog utility connect to the servodog and I can operate all of the channels but as soon as I switch to the sequencer nothing operates.

I verified the unit ID/channels, COM port, and the sequence is the same one I used previously. The network is set at 57.6k Enhanced and the red LED is solid when the sequencer is running. The “Control Lights” box in the sequencer is checked/on. Software version is 5.6.10. I’m using the high speed red RS485 adapter. 

I only have the servodog connected to the laptop at the moment. 

Kind of at a loss at this point and will gladly take any advice and help I can get. Thank you in advance!

Ryan

Oh geez, that did it, thank you! I didn’t know it couldn’t be enhanced, that’s a great chart. It’s weird because it’s the same network setup I had used previously and it worked. Oh well, now I know! Thank you again!

Yes, that is a handy chart.  ServroDog has never worked on an Enhanced network.

Also note that even for controllers that will work on an Enhanced network, you can't use inputs if using an Enhanced network.  I can explain why not if desired.