Light-O-Rama Forums

Light storage shed completed

ItsMeBobO

We moved to this new house in 22 and didnt put on a show because the lights were in storage. The onsite storage is done.   But now I have to get started.  I am feeling overwhelmed with a new stage and S6...  focus focus. 

Very nice storage area.  I know mine isn't going to look that good!🤣🤣🤣

Wish I could do carpentry work, but I couldn't cut a straight line, even if my life depended on it!🫨😵

We just got our new storage shed, and I'm juat storing everything in plastic totes that'll be marked.  Christmas (all Holiday) items in their own section, my G gauge trains in their section and all the rest of the stuff in their areas.

Not sure how much will be stored in this 10x12 storage, as I needed a 10x20, but where I live, they changed the largest size shed we could have in the manufactured home park, as my original shed was a 10x15, which worked very well. 

But losing that extra 3 feet, really needed 5 feet, so, anyway, that just means I'll probably store some of the Holiday totes under my indoor G gauge layout(8'x8') in my workroom(3rd bedroom).

This room is also where I'll be testing out my lights, new props, and sequences inside before being put in the actual outside display.

Also bought a brand new laptop with Windowss 11, which I now have to learn, upgraded my LOR license so I can use the very latest s9ftware version of S6, so will be putting that on the new laptop, and try to figure out how it works, until I do, will continue to use S4.4.16 PRO.  

I have read some S6 versions have some issues, any suggestions on which S6 I should install and start with that is the most stable?  And any issues I need to know anout the latest LOR software installation and Windows 11, anything specific I need to know or do to install S6 using it?

Thank you.

Edited by Orville
Changed Thamk to Thank

Congrats on the new shed and laptop @Orville    A lot to do this fall to get ready.      I will let others help with the LOR version to use.   Send me a pm with a pic of the model train layout.  

7 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Congrats on the new shed and laptop @Orville    A lot to do this fall to get ready.      I will let others help with the LOR version to use.   Send me a pm with a pic of the model train layout.  

I will do that as soon as I get it set up.  Still clearing out all the stuff in our house, as it became a mess when we lost our original shed.  So I have a bit of work clearing out my workroom to get access to everything.  Right now my train/ workroom is storing a lot of totes and boxes, mostly holiday decorations, RGB lights  controllers, etc. As well as a lot of my train items.

But will send pix as soon as I get that area cleared, and the layout re-established, unfortunately, it was a work-in-progress, when I had to put all the stuff from the original shed into the house.  And it's become a nihhtmare re-packing and getting everything moved out of the house.  It's a real disaster in here!🤣🤣🤣

Looks like an indoor tornado went through here at the moment.  I still have new furniture I have to assemble once we get our living and dining room cleared out.

Between all our cats, totes and along with a lot of Amazon deliveries, we barely have enough room to turn around in here at the moment.🤣🤣🤣

But will send some pix of the developing indoor layout as soon as I can.  Will probably be a while, just so dang hot outside in Florida right now, it's hard to do much at a time, even after the sun sets, it's stll hotter than Hades here at the moment. 

Sure wish it were wintertime, when things are much cooler at times, would make this cleanout so much easier and quicker.  And then, we've been having random rainstorms, hasn't helped cool down either, and that puts a stop on moving stuff into the shed.

Sure wish I could move out of Florida to a place that doesn't get so dad-blasted hot or as rainy as it sometimes gets around here!

I, and my wife, both born and raised here, and I've never seen it like it's gotten here with the extreme high heat and the thunderstorms we've been having this year(2023).

Edited by Orville
Correct a lot of typo's. I loathe cell phone keyboards!

This summer remind me of Katrina's weather. I am crossing my fingers we don't have a repeat. I am on the Mississippi Gulf Coast where we took a direct hit.