Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation motor on a CTB16PCG3

bdwillie

Will the small animation motor that comes with so many store bought wireframes harm a CTB16PCG3?  I know it is nowhere near the amperage max for the channel, but will it interfere with anything since it is an inductive type load?  Channel to be set to on off only.

1 hour ago, bdwillie said:

Will the small animation motor that comes with so many store bought wireframes harm a CTB16PCG3?  I know it is nowhere near the amperage max for the channel, but will it interfere with anything since it is an inductive type load?  Channel to be set to on off only.

I ran 4 wireframe motorized deer off one channel on my CTB16PC, older V2 PCB version (not G3) for over 7 years until they rusted out and fell apart.  They were close to 20+ years of use before they finally rusted away.  Never had any issues with running them on a single channel on my CTB16PC controller.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, the lights on each deer were on 4 separate channels, so I used 5 channels, 1 for all 4 motors and 4 channels, 1 channel for each of their lights.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, bdwillie said:

Thank you sir!

You're welcome.

BTW: the last few years I had my deer I converted one of the male deer into Rudolph by adding a C7 socket, red C7 bulb and a very long cord LOL, then used a separate channel for Rudolph's nose. :).   Songs that didn't feature Rudolph, I just had his nose fade slowly on and off.

3 hours ago, Orville said:

You're welcome.

BTW: the last few years I had my deer I converted one of the male deer into Rudolph by adding a C7 socket, red C7 bulb and a very long cord LOL, then used a separate channel for Rudolph's nose. :).   Songs that didn't feature Rudolph, I just had his nose fade slowly on and off.

That's a cool idea!  I am making a wireframe submarine and was thinking of using one of these motors to make a slow moving propeller

7 hours ago, bdwillie said:

That's a cool idea!  I am making a wireframe submarine and was thinking of using one of these motors to make a slow moving propeller

That sounds pretty cool too!   Of course I scavenged all my deer motors and components so if I ever needed them for other projects I'd have them.

Actually used one to build a Haunted Rocking Chair using a child sized rocking chair for Halloween many years ago.  That project freaked a few folks out. ROFLMAO

5 hours ago, Orville said:

That project freaked a few folks out. ROFLMAO

😆  I bet it did!