Light-O-Rama Forums

Unused Nodes with Props ~ Suggestions for use?

Orville

3 hours ago, Orville said:

Not sure what the reference to Blu not working is.  All nodes on both strands are 100% working.

Just Dialog  about how / why I did the color marking thing. Most of the time it is OE in the end

Just a little update on my H.C. Tombstones progress, had to make some changes in one and in the SE, read on for details.

Finally got the lights into 4 of the 8 Tombstones,, However Tombstone #4 (H.C. Tombstone #2) the cross that uses 22 nodes had to be modified for the lights, the strands I have are 6" spacing, however, that spacing is and was too short for the 22 node cross, even though 6" spacing is recommended, I had to drill out 6 additional holes to make the lights fit the cross without being overly stretched out, some wouldn't even make it to the next hole, mainly in the cross bottom and top area, 4 new holes in the bottom and 2 new holes above the arms in the top resolved the issue.  SO my cross is wired with 28 nodes instead of 22, and it looks a bit better with the extra nodes too.

Then I had to shift the channels in the Pixie16D Port 15 to realign the tombstones properly, took a little work, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  Plus this also took the 4 unused nodes from 4 between 3 of the tombstones down to only 2 nodes between those, so went from 12 unused nodes, down to 6 unused nodes.  Which also brought these 4 tombstones closer together than I really wanted them to be, but it'll still work out fine in the end of it all.

Still have to finish up putting the nodes in the last section of tombstones, then time for some real world testing to see how they look lit up after dark.