Light-O-Rama Forums

Combine motion effect rows

Red Lily Way Christmas

Is there a way to combine motion effect rows in the "manage motion effect rows" function.   On props with many lights its tedious to create a custom row by clicking all the needed lights to build your custom motion effect row.   For example, a larger prop may have 16 pedals and I want one motion effect row for the 16 combined pedals (PPD geo wreath from Boscoyo).  There are also other groups that I would like to submodel on this prop and others.  Unless I don't see it, the only way to make this combined 16 pedals is to manually do it by clicking on each light for the 16 pedals.  It would be so much easier if I can select the 16 pedals motion effect rows and paste them all into ONE motion effect row.   If that is possible, can it be explained.  If not are their other options?  and if not, can this feature be added.   Then mark this row as special/externalized so that a group of these similar items can be grouped across multiple props.  Though the later would be nice, the former suggestion would be perfect.  Thanks Jim

Pedals screen shot.png

Edited by Red Lily Way Christmas
Updated image

I agree. This needs to be an added feature in the future updates. there should be a way to copy and paste only a portion of a existing ME rows too. this would be a great editing tool eliminating a tremendous amount of work. 

• 2 months later...

@MattBrown  This would be so useful, can this be considered for a future release?

• 5 months later...

This is now in version 6.2.14.  In 'manage motion effect rows'  There is a new 'Edit' pull down to 'combine' selected rows to create a new motion effect row.  Very useful.  Thank you  @MattBrown

• Like 1

@Red Lily Way Christmas Thanks for leading this topic.  I too have been struggling with this same issue on this same prop, and am just trying to get the best visually out of it, being how complex it is.  This enhancement will help a lot.