Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange garbled distortion from my songs

redrockford

7 hours ago, dgander said:

This is the one I use and it seems pretty accurate

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant?select=city&city=32746

The link has my zip code in it, just change it to yours

That's the same one I have been using for many years now.  But they botched one today when I checked for vacant frequencies, told me the best one to use in my area was 91.5FM, but there is an active 24/7 station on that frequency, been there for many years now, but Radio Locator tells me it's vacant, yet the signal comes in strong and clear where I live! LOL 

Their 2nd and 3rd choices were vacant though, so will try them out when my new Mobile Black Box V6000 FM Transmitter arrives. MBB just sent me an update, it's been shipped.  Can't wait to try it out.   Now I need a portable radio that I can walk around the neighborhood with to test out its range and make sure it's not exceeding the limits.

BTW: HolidayCoro started their pre-sale on 1/11/2023 ends on 1/31/2023, and I just bought a lot of new 12V C9 smart strands to replace all my 5V ones and their controllers at a decent price too.  Wasn't even aware of it until I sent in a question about why doesn't anyone make a 100 bulb count string of the C9 Strawberry RGB 12V Smart strings and was told about the pre-sale in the e-mail that answered my question, they don't, only 50 count.  So I ordered my new stings immediately on 1/11, but won't get them until June, could come earlier, but June is good, as I have to take down all the controllers and lights on my ramp used year round that are in use presently for illuminating my handicap ramp at night.   Will make things much simpler for me when redoing my display for 2023, less power cords, less cat5 cables to controllers and less extension cords will need to be used with this change-over this year.  My Pixie16D uses their H.C. EasyConnect 3 connectors {same as Xconnect}.   So will be so much easier on my back when putting up my display, cutting out all these cat5 cables and power/extension cords that I always had to figure out routing, so they didn't cross or get near each other.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the old 5V CCB100D Controllers and RGB C9 5V Strawberry lights just yet.  May just give them to someone locally that wants to get into RGB lighting for the first time.  Just not sure, still deciding on whether to keep them, try and sell them, trade them, or just give 'em away.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:42 PM, TheDucks said:

HMM! i have a dead bookmark 😐  sorry

I mean a site that is out on the fringes, so the signal is really low and you would not have issue overriding it.

I know the dead bookmark feeling, I have some back from waaaaayyy long ago and when I click on them now they don't exist or a company with the same name took over, but doesn't make what I bookmarked it for in the first place. LOL  So I usually delete them when I encounter them.

I thought that may be what you meant by fringe, but wasn't sure, so thought I'd ask to be sure.  We have quite a few fringe ones in my area, good to know.

• The topic was locked