Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Director External Power for Timer Control

9eagles

I have 3 CTB16PC Controllers and tried to add a mini director this year with a power timer on the Controller that the mini director plugs into. However, the mini director must be getting power back fed from another controller when the one it is plugged into is powered off.

How do I prevent the CTB16PC from sending power to the mini director via the comm cable if I choose to use a mini director power supply on a timer instead?

The newer mini-directors (last 5+ years), when connected to a power supply, will NOT get power from the controllers. This allows you to out the mini-director on a timer without it getting power from one of the controllers.

And yes, it's possible for the mini-director to pull power from other controllers in line if they are close enough.

Once you plug the external power supply (Wall Pack) into the Director - the power from the controller is disabled... Thus you only need to put a timer on the Wall Adapter going to the Director in order to "Time" your show

46 minutes ago, 9eagles said:

Thank you, I will order the power supply and try that.

Those supplies are pretty common. You may have an old 12VDC center + left over as long as it can supply the same or more mili-amps.

You used to be able to just pop over to Radio Shack for those kinds of things 😢