Light-O-Rama Forums

Legacy DC-MP3 / Pixie 4, 8 , & 16

IATCUYB

2 Simple questions.

1. Will the DC-MP3 (GEN 1? I purchased back in 2008-9) work with the Pixie 4, 8, or 16 controller?

2. Looking at the 'RGB Circuit Boards (Non Assembled)' page, and I am sorry if this is lame question, but what does non assembled exactly mean? Bare board with no components that need to be soldered or board with soldered components and no enclosure? Only reason why I ask this is because I remember when the CTB16PC board was available in both versions a while back where there was an unassembled board where you soldered the components and an assembled one where the components are already soldered.

Thank you

1. Won't work as the DC-MP3 can't do enhanced networks which the Pixie controllers will need.

2. You get the completely assembled board but you will have to purchase you own enclosure, power supply and cables.

I did a test last year with my mini Director to see if it would run the original Lor 5 volt Pixels and my AC channels at 57.6 and guess what it did.  According to the booklet you could with the originals.  So there are 300 CCB & Pixels on the face of the house that only change colours and nothing more. I had a 6 side tree with the lor 5 volt pixels that is on the left of the center tree, & a 16 x 25 Pixel tree on the right of the center tree in which I used 8 ports of the Pixie 16 using the Lor 5 volt pixels. I didn't get to fancy with either pixel tree. Just sequenced then in Superstar for certain parts of the song.  The 3 arches also have lor 5 volt pixels. Everything else are Lor AC channels. Gen 1, & Gen 3 controllers. Of course I took this video before I realized I didn't sequence the Star Burst poles right. I corrected that later. Below is a 2021 video. This year I need to use my Gen 4 Director unit to run the 23 x 50 Matrix Aux A & Aux B at 500 ea. All my 5 volts pixels are running at 57.6. Have videos just not on YouTube yet. However my Pixie 16 from last year had to be used on the Matrix along with one more Pixie 16. 

13 minutes ago, lightzilla said:

I did a test last year with my mini Director to see if it would run the original Lor 5 volt Pixels and my AC channels at 57.6 and guess what it did.

Right. The original CCR's and CCB's didn't have the Enhanced since the whole reason for Enhanced to exist stems from the initial release of the CCR/RGB product line.

Keep in mind that when LOR got it start it was single network, and 57.6 (or 115k) only. When the CCR's came out that was still the case. I'd have to dig through "What's New" sections to see when multiple networks first popped into being, but it was after CCR was introduced.