Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon16 Configuration Question Pixels vs Channels

dgrant

So I've got two Pixcon16's in-use and have had for several years. They work just fine. The documentation states that in the non-enhanced mode, they can handle 340 pixels per output port. So that begs the question, is that 340 pixels = 1020 channels/port? If so, then how are we supposed to be able to configure for reversals, power levels and more if those selections are not available, unless, the enhanced mode is checked? None-enhanced mode just allows starting universe, start channel and number of pixels per output. Seems like there's some major software/firmware missing if they truly can handle 340 pixels per port. Firmware V1.4.14

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Max of 340 pixels is in E1.31 mode, it's a max of 170 Pixels if in enhanced LOR mode.

Yes, I knew that. The question was, how are we supposed to configure that when there's no apparent firmware/software instructions for the E1.31 mode, other than the enhanced mode? I'm certainly using the E1.31 com protocol to control it.

Edited by dgrant

Maybe I am not getting what you are asking, but you have to go into the Advanced port configuration and setup the number of pixels, universes and you will also see null pixels and zig zag in there.

Port.JPG

Maybe I'm not looking at it correctly. I'll try it again today. What I see is that you cannot get into the advanced mode unless you select enhanced first. Then what's in there, you can't put in up to 340 pixels...I think. It will only let you go up to the maximum 170 and/or 510 channels. Truly for 340 pixels, that would be 1020 channels therefore not addressable on that page. If its only on the first page, then there's no way to customize anything.

It turns out that it will indeed work if you assign or let it assign, 2 universes per output. I got the info from the help desk. My bad on the "enhanced", for unknown reasons I kept thinking that and no, I was not referring to the LOR mode. I should have been saying "Advanced", per the check block to get into those changes. Sorry.