Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 controller failed - new one on the way

dcbay

Good afternoon,

I have a Pixie 16 controller controlling a 16 CCR tree.  The controller/board failed last night and I have a replacement on the way and it will hopefully be here tomorrow or Friday.  I am running LOR 4.3.16.  Is there an easy way to set up the new Pixie controller so that I can just plug and play, i.e. can I set it's Unit ID the same as the old one?  Sorry if I'm not using all the terms correctly, it's been a few years since I've made any changes to configurations, etc!

Thank you

I am not sure.  I bought the controller in 2016 so it has a few years on it.  The CCR tree had frozen on an image and then went dark after I turned it off and back on.  The red light is flashing on the board.  I tried to reset it and to also get the test pattern to run, but nothing so far has worked.  

4 hours ago, dcbay said:

Good afternoon,

I have a Pixie 16 controller controlling a 16 CCR tree.  The controller/board failed last night and I have a replacement on the way and it will hopefully be here tomorrow or Friday.  I am running LOR 4.3.16.  Is there an easy way to set up the new Pixie controller so that I can just plug and play, i.e. can I set it's Unit ID the same as the old one?  Sorry if I'm not using all the terms correctly, it's been a few years since I've made any changes to configurations, etc!

Thank you

For a pixie controller you should have  at least 4.4.0 to be able to set the controller in teh HU.

Watch my video on setting up the new pixie. Its pinned at the top of the General HArdware thread.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you!  Will I be able to set the Unit ID with the dip switches on a version 2 Pixie 16 and not have to use the HU?

14 minutes ago, dcbay said:

Thank you!  Will I be able to set the Unit ID with the dip switches on a version 2 Pixie 16 and not have to use the HU?

I recommend turn off all dip switches. Set the unit ID in HU. 

However you can use dip switches. 

JR