Light-O-Rama Forums

Wierd problem with only one song

Seth Hartley

This is my first year using LOR and I am running 80 channels I am only having this problem with the wizards in winter song. I have some leaping lights arches and they are working fine with the other song I did. When I run a generic chase sequence and assign the controller channels to 2-9 through 2-16 it works fine. When I try Wizards it bounces back and forth but then the 7th section and sometimes the 8th section will stay on until the lights cycle back to that strand. When I try the "clapping" sequence section in wizards the arches work except for the top two- 4 and 5. I have checked the sequence and everything looks right. Like I said, If I try it in a generic empty sequence with nothing but the arches going, it works there...

So I took my backup of Wizards and started fresh with it. I only set the channels 2-9 through 2-16 first and tested different sections of the song. The arches work fine! I continued to set the rest of the 80 channels and when I finished I tested it again. Same problem all over again! What could I have done?!? I checked and double checked all the other channels I set, and I don't see any duplicates or mistakes... ::sigh::

Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, I triple checked it. Here's another weird thing, if I put the channels 4 and 5 set to "on" right before the "clapping" sequence starts, they will come on. Then, when the "clapping" starts, they won't work. Now.... if I move the visible screen over, all of a sudden channels 4 and 5 won't work for the constant "on" section either... what the heck?

I also just noticed in some areas where they are on constant repeatedly flashing, they aren't coming on at all. AND I tried a wav file instead of MP3 but no difference...

I have tried the other song that was working yesterday and now it is having problems too. But it's all over the place. Channels not coming on when they are supposed to, and some staying on after a section ends. Different controllers and different channels than the other song.... AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the kicker: In hardware utility everything I test works perfectly: chase fade shimmer etc. Every Controller, Every Channel, Every Time.

I'm going to scream....

On top of all this now when I try to start the show, it plays the first three seconds of the first song, and then stops. Status says "enabled" playing: christmas show

FIXED!!!!!

I was doing more searching on here and found a post where somebody said to make sure that each channel had something assigned to it even if it wasn't being used.... well, I originally wrote these sequences with 96 channels in mind, but made them 80 instead. So I deleted all those extra non-existent channels and everything is working great!!!!!!!