Light-O-Rama Forums

Smart RGB Pixel bulb color control

KLP66

Hello, I am seemingly finding different information, and seeing different results.

Here is my issue, very new to this, simply trying to control 8 strings of pixel bulbs, while controlling color to each individual light.

I have the Pro version of the software, but I am seeing that the Superstar sequencer seems to be the way to control these bulbs individually, and it only allows for 50 pixels to be controlled or sequenced.  Is this correct?  

On my Pixie8 Controller it appears that I can directly control the color 2 connected strings (100 bulbs) but that seems to only be a test feature, or turn on the lights with the controller and change the color each time. 

Any input or help would be appreciated.   I incorrectly wrote a sequence in SuperStar for 50 bulbs, for the color sequence, and that works, but when I modified the string to 100 lights, the colors became jumbled, and I cannot seem to edit them with the SuperStar control.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have a Pro license (which your profile indicates you do) you could enable Channel Level on a Pixel Prop, and you could be able to program each pixel individually.

https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.1.4/help/using_the_item_list.htm (Scroll to RGB Channels on Pixel Props)

What is it you are trying to do? Very rarely do I see people with a need to program lights with this setting. I'm not saying it never happens, just that I personally see it rarely. You can do a LOT with Motion Effects and the other built in tools.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

If you have a Pro license (which your profile indicates you do) you could enable Channel Level on a Pixel Prop, and you could be able to program each pixel individually.

https://www1.lightorama.com/downloads/6.1.4/help/using_the_item_list.htm (Scroll to RGB Channels on Pixel Props)

What is it you are trying to do? Very rarely do I see people with a need to program lights with this setting. I'm not saying it never happens, just that I personally see it rarely. You can do a LOT with Motion Effects and the other built in tools.

Thanks Don;  currently I am simply trying to learn how to turn the lights on, so that they are a pattern of colors across the strings.  I know it is a very complex system for a simple approach; but I would like to do this with different color patterns at different times of the year, etc.  which is why I chose LOR.  I may expand with some future lights or props, but currently seeking a simple pattern on the strings.  

Thanks again.

What hardware do you have - lights, controllers, anything else?  Links to device pages makes it easy to tell what you are dealing with.