Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PCg3 Config Issue

KingJsse2

Hey Everyone,

I was lucky enough to purchase a CTB16PCg3 from another fellow Xmas lighter for a good price last year.  It worked great last year, and I set it up this year the exact same way.  The LOR control panel found the device just fine, and I set the unit ID to 1 (using the USB to ethernet converter).  I thought I was good to go, but I later realized that I was going to daisy chain this with some other LOR devices, and I already had a unit ID 1.  So I went back to the LOR Control Panel, and it can no longer actually find the controller.  I am able to locate my other controllers just fine, but even when I directly connect to the CTB16, the control panel still will not locate it.  I tried moving the jumper over to do a full reset.  Still no luck.

The weird part is that the LED on the circuit board is solid green (indicating it found the LOR network), and in the control panel I can manually enter unit id 1 and control the CTB16 with no issue.  It just wont locate it, nor will it actually change the channel. 

So I guess I have two questions:

1) Is there a way to get the control panel to recognize the CTB16?

2) I also have a Falcon F16v3 and know I can theoretically control the CTB16 from it.  How would I set that up in xLights if I didn't want to put the CTB16 in the same daisy chain with the other LOR devices?

Only ONE (controller) on the network at a time when you have a conflict and need to change an ID (good plan in most cases. helps avoid the oops)

5 hours ago, KingJsse2 said:

2) I also have a Falcon F16v3 and know I can theoretically control the CTB16 from it.  How would I set that up in xLights if I didn't want to put the CTB16 in the same daisy chain with the other LOR devices?

Where did xLights come into the picture?  You wouldn't set it up in xLights - unless you are using xLights and LOR at the same time.  Yes, you can control your CTB16 using DMX via the F16v3 using one of the serial output ports.   BTW,  have three F16v3 and one F4v3 in use in my yard.

I guess I confused things by putting in that last part about xLights.  That was more of a "possible next step".

But when I connect the computer directly to the CTB16 without anything else, the LOR control panel still does not find the CTB16.  As I mentioned above, I can type the number 1 into the box beside the "rescan" button and the testing features actually work.  But no matter what I do, I cannot get the control panel to "see" the CTB16 or let me change its unit id.

14 hours ago, KingJsse2 said:

I guess I confused things by putting in that last part about xLights.  That was more of a "possible next step".

But when I connect the computer directly to the CTB16 without anything else, the LOR control panel still does not find the CTB16.  As I mentioned above, I can type the number 1 into the box beside the "rescan" button and the testing features actually work.  But no matter what I do, I cannot get the control panel to "see" the CTB16 or let me change its unit id.

Your profile says OTHER. What version of Showtime are you using?

(BTW I did not know you could force a Unit ID in the Refresh (rescan???? )

3 hours ago, nader said:

does he need to run the common listener for hardware to see unit ? 

No.

3 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Your profile says OTHER. What version of Showtime are you using?

(BTW I did not know you could force a Unit ID in the Refresh (rescan???? )

I don't actually use the Showtime software.  Before this year I used Vixen, but I decided to try xLights this year.

EDIT: I didn't know you could force one either, until I clicked in the field and it just let me type the number 1 in there, and clicked the "On 100%" button

Edited by KingJsse2