Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Matrix staying partially lit and showing sequences upside down

anagrin2000

I have 5 CCB100 controllers setup as a 10x50 matrix.  Testing each strand individually they work fine.  I have each controller setup as two channels running in dual normal mode.  After I tried to test the whole matrix, one half of one of the strands stayed lit up.  On top of that, when I tested a sequence on it, it displayed the sequence upside down.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?  Thanks!

The upside down part is almost certainly that the prop definition in Preview Editor does not match the way the matrix is actually built.

That fixed the upside down part, but the lights are still staying partially lit.  Not sure what you wanted a screenshot of so I did both.  if this is not what you meant, please let me know.  Thanks again!

Matrix.jpg

matrix.pdf

Was this at the end of a sequence when they stayed on? Or, is this a case of they won't do anything but be on and running with no input? If its they are staying on at the end of a sequence, open that sequence and go all the way to the end. Make sure the last timing block, all matrix channels are turned off.

It's not the end of a sequence.  It is as you said, they won't do anything but be on and running with no input.  I actually completely disconnect it and let it sit like that for over an hour before I took the picture above.  It allows me to control the colors when testing so I can change colors to anything I want, but when I shut all the lights off, these ones turn white and stay on.

Are the nodes RGB or RGBW? (and is it possible they supplied a mixed order?)

If you swap ports (as a test) does the issue follow the swap?

As far as I know they are RGB, not RGBW.  How do I check that? I bought them in 2016 if that helps.  I will try to swap ports tomorrow and see if it follows the swap.  If it does, does that mean the controller port is ok but the light strand is bad or vice versa?

45 minutes ago, anagrin2000 said:

As far as I know they are RGB, not RGBW.  How do I check that? I bought them in 2016 if that helps.  I will try to swap ports tomorrow and see if it follows the swap.  If it does, does that mean the controller port is ok but the light strand is bad or vice versa?

If the error follows the swap, it is the string.  Not likely they are RGBW from 2016. the chip would have 4 LED emitters instead of 3