Light-O-Rama Forums

PC edition controller problem

Chase

HI everybody I have two controllers down, and our big charity opener is tomorow night of course. One controller seems to be able to get a signal from a controller but not send one out, and when I try to set the unit Id the Hardware utility can't find it!

The second controller I think is totally dead. I hooked up a phone line instead of cat five from it to another controler, it works as long as you have no communications cable in it at all, and when you do it seems to have a bad electrical smell as if something fried inside it?

Any help would be great! If I can get the one unit to work at least I can get up and running for the big opener!

First problem. Are you using an Cat5 cable and have you tried both ports (center and right)

Second problem. When using phone cord it has to go IN on the left port and out on either of the other 2 ports. Sounds like maybe your plugging the phone wire in the incorrect port and shorting power supplies two controllers together.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Well I did send the phone cable on both controllers to the same far left port. I am now just trying to plug one unit intot he hardware utility, and it just won't find it. I does have a blinking light. The other unit just plain won't take any connection cable cat 5 or phone cord. When they are plugged in the lights go out.

Some phone cords only have two wires connected in them. These will not work with LOR. Make sure you have 4 wire phone cords or use CAT5.

Brian, Good Point!

Chase,

I would recommend a phone call to lightorama and talk to them. If your phone cord had the 4 wires like Brian mentioned then it is likely that you shorted the 2 power supplies on the board. I have no guess on what could be damages by doing this, or IF anything could be damaged.

Chuck