Light-O-Rama Forums

1/2 a tree (16 CCR via PIXIE16D)

daczone

I've stepped away for a few years. S4 Pro user. I replaced the LEDs on my Tree (16 WS2811 strips). I didn't notice the LED's I bought have 100 chips on them (300 LIGHTS total, grouped in 3) old ones were 50

So my tree only lights 1/2 way. Do I need to remix all my sequences? 

I tried the jumper on J5 (3rd position) which says its for 100 pixels vs 50 and I also tried the HU and set it for logical resolution of 50, 100 pixels per port. But no change. 

Much Help Appreciated!!!

16 minutes ago, daczone said:

I've stepped away for a few years. S4 Pro user. I replaced the LEDs on my Tree (16 WS2811 strips). I didn't notice the LED's I bought have 100 chips on them (300 LIGHTS total, grouped in 3) old ones were 50

So my tree only lights 1/2 way. Do I need to remix all my sequences? 

I tried the jumper on J5 (3rd position) which says its for 100 pixels vs 50 and I also tried the HU and set it for logical resolution of 50, 100 pixels per port. But no change. 

Much Help Appreciated!!!

Do not install that jumper, if its still on remove. It actually resets the eprom every time you turn on controller. Use the HU to set.

However your problem sounds like the sequence and not the controller. You simply probably do not have any sequence if you old tree was for 50 pixels.

Oped S4 and open the sequence and count the pixels

JR

You are correct. They are all 50 x 3 or 150 LEDS and the new ones are 100 x 3 or 300 LEDS. 

So I need to remix them all or start over? Argh... I tried to use visualizer to create a 100 pixel string and it created 2 strings. So 1 string of 300 lights is 2 channels?

Edited by daczone

7 minutes ago, daczone said:

You are correct. They are all 50 x 3 or 150 LEDS and the new ones are 100 x 3 or 300 LEDS. 

So I need to remix them all or start over? Argh... I tried to use visualizer to create a 100 pixel string and it created 2 strings. 

You cannot create a prop with more than 50 pixels in the Visualizer for an LOR controller. You can do it in the "Animator" though. 

SE/ View/ Animation

Just draw them out

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 hours ago, daczone said:

Sorry for the dumb questions. So is 1 string of 100 pixels 2 channels ? 

One string of 100 pixels is 300 channels. Each R, G, and B led inside a pixel is one channel each so there are three channels for each pixel.