Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixielink Setup/ Help

Aquaman01

This is my first year using a Pixielink. Have used Directors in the past. Been working on this for 2 days now and no lights.

In The Pixielink Port Config page, I have Port 1 set as Pixielink protocol and 100 pixels an address starting at 30 going thru to 61.

Pixie16 is set at 30 thru Hardware utility, and I do have a network as LED is solid. I am also plugged into Port 1 on Pixielink.

In my Mega Tree prop definition, I have selected DMX and starting at 30-61.

No Lights when I play my show. Don't know what I'm missing?

the PixieLink will support two Pixie16's per output - those Pixie16's Unit ID's are 01 & 11 ( given you the 32 port total in each of the Port Columns)

Your Pixie16 has unit ID 30 and it is not recognized....

Set the Unit ID 01 on your first Pixie16 and set Unit ID 11 on your second Pixie16 - it should now work

In other words - each output of the PixieLink will address only the first 32 LOR Unit ID's

Edited by Jimehc

4 hours ago, Jimehc said:

the PixieLink will support two Pixie16's per output - those Pixie16's Unit ID's are 01 & 11 ( given you the 32 port total in each of the Port Columns)

Your Pixie16 has unit ID 30 and it is not recognized....

Set the Unit ID 01 on your first Pixie16 and set Unit ID 11 on your second Pixie16 - it should now work

In other words - each output of the PixieLink will address only the first 32 LOR Unit ID's

So if I'm Running a total of 4 Pixie16's, 2 on port 1 and 2 on port 2 of the Pixielink, how do you write the addresses in your Preview Designer if you can only use 01 and 11? I guess thats what I dont understand. 

Port 1, I have 2 Pixie16's running a Mega tree with 32 100 count pixels.

Edited by Aquaman01

58 minutes ago, Aquaman01 said:

how do you write the addresses in your Preview Designer if you can only use 01 and 11? I guess thats what I dont understand. 

In the Preview, it is DMX universes - not LOR Unit IDs.

Got it figured out. First Pixie16 must be #1 and second Pixie16 must be 11.

3 pixie16's are working with no problems. 4th only has 6 channels working. The next 10 are not displaying on the lights. Addresses match between Pixielink and Previewer. 

37 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

So on second output you again should have Unit ID 01 & 11 with a Universe assigned to each port

Running 4 Pixie16's. Port 1 and 2 are working correctly. Port 3, Only Universe 65-70 are working. Universes 71-78 are not lighting up. All channels in the preview are correct, same as all channels that are working. Any ideas as to why they are not working.

Ports 4 and 6, I need to run ELOR for 16PCG3 LED lights. Not sure how to write the addresses in the pixielink.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, 

Pixielink Addresses.jpeg

9 hours ago, Jimehc said:

AC Controller's only use One Unit ID each - so you could have 32 AC Controllers on one Pixielink Port

I have entered 3, 4, and 9 as addresses for my A/C controllers. All on Port 4 also running ELOR and tried a few speeds. In my prop definition in sequencer, I have LOR as the network protocol and REG for my network. Starting unit ID of 03 and no lights will come on when sequence is running. What am I missing? 

If your AC controllers will be driven via the PixieLink, then in your Preview, the props on those channels will be assigned DMX universes and channels - not LOR network.

I've never used a PixieLink so I might have this part wrong - so take this with a grain of salt...  Assume you have four LOR CTB-16 controllers that will be connected to port 6 of the PixieLink.  You would assign the first four positions in the port 6 column of the PixieLink setup.  Each position would get a Universe number.  Let's say you assign Universes 101 - 104.  The controllers would be assigned Unit IDs 01 - 04.  Then in your Preview Editor, you would assign the props for the first CTB-16 to Universe 101 channels 1 -16 as appropriate.  The props that will use the second CTB-16 would be assigned DMX universe 102 channels 1 - 16 as appropriate.  Continue for each CTB-16 controller.  I THINK I got that right...

Make sense?

• This topic was locked and unlocked