Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Stopping Randomly

JDubs

Hi all - not sure if hardware or software related so posted in general. Here is the issue:

I have a 16x50 pixel megatree, running bullet pixels, a boscoyo star, pixie 16 controller, min showtime director, and a pixie 4 for the star. There are 11 sequences/songs for a total runtime of about 35 minutes. Both pixie have updated software, with the 16 being unit 01 and the pixie 4 being unit id 11. Light hook ups work fine in hardware utility (I have the PRO lic at v 6.1.2). The shows run fine in the sequencer. When installed on the LOR provided SD card (Kingston 32GB, SHDC Class 4, 32FAT) the show runs fine for varying amount of times. Then the pixels just stop working (either off entirely or frozen) however the music is still transmitting (and the start seems to keep running). I tried switching to a new Kingstone 32GB class 10 SDHC but still same result. I have unplugged the pixie 4 and just tried to run the tree but same issue, show runs for varying times and then either freezes or turns off with music still playing. I have also replaced the CAT5 cables, but no luck.

Total run time has been from looping the show for a couple hours down to fifteen minutes (not exact as I am not sitting out there all night). The sequences are LOR ones I purchase from Holiday Sequences for 16x50 trees if that matters.

Been trying to replace/check one piece at a time to figure it out but no luck. Starting to think I may have a hardware issue with the pixie 16 but not sure what next steps are. All equipment is brand new as of November.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Try disconnecting the internet from the PC. I'm wondering if some other process is stealing all of your available CPU or Disk time. You could open the task manager to look too and sort by the one with the most usage.

So the entire show is on the SD card in the LOR Mini Director Gen3. No internet required otherwise I think what you said would be a possibility. I also debated on the volume of pixels for the director but per LOR it is fine to run a 16x50 mega tree off of it

What are you running for network Speed and would you list the order that the Controllers are daisy chained from the Director

And the "start" keeps running? or did you mean "Star"

Edited by Jimehc

@Jimehc Sorry about that, yes the star keeps lighting/running as well as the music.

the network is set as regular for network type and then enhanced at 500k

chaining order is mini director with SDHC to pixie 16 (unit id 01) which controls the tree and then to pixie 4 (unit id 11) which controls the star

so best I can tell is mini director is running show and music/sequences are passing through the pixie 16 still to the star even after the 16 freezes. Again sometimes after 1 or 2 sequences, sometimes after entire show loops through a couple times. Simple unplug from electric solves its. This made me think potentially a hardware issue on pixie 16 but it is brand new from LOR

3 hours ago, dgrant said:

Try disconnecting the internet from the PC. I'm wondering if some other process is stealing all of your available CPU or Disk time. You could open the task manager to look too and sort by the one with the most usage.

He's using a Director, not a PC.

• The topic was locked