Light-O-Rama Forums

Using WLED on a LOR network?

pucksterdave21

I have been running AC controllers for about 8 years now. Started with a LOR Dumb RGB last year and got that working OK.  Now I'm trying to add some 5v pixels into the mix using a WLED controller.   does anyone know how to get these added into the LOR network or if its even possible?

thanks

If I understand what you mean by a WLED controller, that is using E1.31 (DMX over Ethernet).  LOR will drive E1.31 just fine.  Important note is that E1.31 uses your "normal" computer LAN connection, and not the LOR RS-485 network.  Don't mix the two (suggest using different color cat-5 cables).

For reference, I have been running E1.31 with LOR since 2012.  Have about 65K channels on E1.31

Jim  thank you so much for the help.    I'm waiting to move to pixels but add to it each year and keep the AC stuff going for a few years.  first year in pixels and want to get something small running and working before I make the full investment.   I was told about these small cheap pixel controllers called WLED that run on a ESP32 board.  Got a few of these and got 500 pixels.   I do believe they are E1.31 but they are run off a wifi.   my LOR network is a PC running the USB 485 adapter.  I run the show straight from that PC which is on the same network as the WLED (ESP32 board)  where can I go to get that up in LOR?  I can go to the hardware utility in LOR and it auto finds my LOR controllers with the COM ports.

Firstly you need the controller set up with an ip address on your PCs network port or wifi.

Then in network preferences in LOR you will use that ip address to set up a dmx universe.

Edited by PhilMassey