Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Stakes Not Lighting

shimbe22

Hey everybody! 

I have a pixie16 with all the stuff LOR sells with their mega kit. I have everything hooked up, but I cannot get a set of 10 pixel stakes to light up. I have a 25' extension coming out of the pixie16 and 2x 5' extensions. I didn't think I needed power injection, because I have another set of pixel stakes on a pixie4 and one set of 10 has a 25' extension and a 10' extension and it's working fine. I've double checked the connections, but I'm not seeing any issues. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks everybody! 

Verify the unit ID of the Pixie16 port - with the Unit ID and Network assigned in the Prop Definition for that set of Pixel Stakes

2 minutes ago, shimbe22 said:

Unit ID is 9 and it's on channel 15... pretty much what the paper told me to do. The rest of the show works flawlessly.

Swap an adjacent green terminal lug and see if the problem follows the lug.

Food for thought, each port on a pixie controller is a unit ID and no longer a channel. Channels are AC controllers.

Let me know what happens when you swap the green lugs.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Swap an adjacent green terminal lug and see if the problem follows the lug.

Food for thought, each port on a pixie controller is a unit ID and no longer a channel. Channels are AC controllers.

Let me know what happens when you swap the green lugs.

JR

Are both the Pixie16 and the Pixie4 connected?  A pixie 16 uses 16 ID's, the Pixie4 uses 4. They  are not supposed to overlap (You set the Base ID, the rest are inherited from that.

Channel 15 would be a color on the 5th LED (every LED is 3 channels)

6 hours ago, shimbe22 said:

Good question, but yes, the pixie 4 is 50

Anothe more basic Q: Do they light (basic pattern runs) when you press the self test/reset button momentarily.

(that usually indicates the wiring and board node types are set correctly)

So sorry guys! I looked and 1 of the prongs were bent to the side of the connector. I'm positive I looked at that, but I missed it. 

I bent the prong back and it's working like a champ! I appreciate you all very much.