Light-O-Rama Forums

aux a

bkk1ng

Not a lot to go on ...

What do you have connected? How do you have it connected? How do you have it programmed? Did you set up the Preview Window. Do you have more than one USB? Is it plugged in? Did you spin around in a circle? Does it work in the Hardware Utility? Any error messages? How are you testing it?

Aux A is usually a 2nd Network - So you have to have your Network Preferences setup for 2 Networks, which requires two USB to Serial LOR adapters... The RGBPlus Sequences are configured to use 4 separate Networks...

Depending on what you have for a Current Channel Count - You nay be able to assign some of those CPC Props to use the Reg Network...

How many Adapters do you have? Do you have 2 Networks configured....  It the LOR sequence the Spinners are on Aux A - you can test by changing the Network in the Prop Definition to REG and make sure of the Unit ID

Edited by Jimehc

Then one of those two networks needs to be Aux A - and the Unit ID's used for the Spinners is 1D, 1E, 1F and 20

Set Spinner Prop Definition back to Aux A - and verify Unit ID's in prop definition and controller

16 minutes ago, bkk1ng said:

i have 4 adapters and 2 networks configured if i have the spinners hooked up to reg channel it just uses 6 lights

You can only assign one network to one port. If you have two networks configured in your Preview, then in your LOR Network Preferences (and I'm not on 6 yet, so whatever it's called over there) you will only have two COM ports configured.

Each adapter IS a Network.  You can't have 2 adapters as the same network,

So

Regular, AuxA,AuxB,AuxC

Edited by TheDucks

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

Each adapter IS a Network.  You can't have 2 adapters as the same network,

Ao

Regular, AuxA,AuxB,AuxC

I think that's what I said. Did I say it wrong?

Just now, Don said:

I think that's what I said. Did I say it wrong?

We were both answering at the same time

• Like 1

You keep contradicting yourself.  Your spinners are configured on AuxA, and I am assuming for the moment that your other lights are on a Regular network.  Assuming that is the case, in Network Preferences (S5 and earlier) or the Networks section of the S6 control panel, you need to define both of those network.  Each LOR network will be configured to use a different Comm Port.  In my case, my Regular network is Comm3, my AuxA is Comm4, and my AuxB network is Comm5.  Note that which com port number is assigned to which USB to RS-485 adapter is assigned by Windows and LOR has NO control over it.  You can open the Windows Device Manager and see what comm ports are assigned to the USB adapters, and optionally change the comm port numbers - again, from the Windows Device Manager.  Also note, that if you have lighting channels configured on a LOR network, in order to play the show from the show player, you MUST have an operational USB to RS-485 adapter configured for that network - even if there are no controllers connected.  If you are playing from the Sequencer, you can disable any networks that do not have devices connected for testing.

You can use Windows Device Manager to set (force) the COM # for each adapter (one at a time)

The reason you might want to do this: You sequence on one computer and move the adapters to a Show computer.

My Laptop had many different USB to Serial adapters used with it (and it has a modem ), so all the low COM were used, so I standardized.

COM10-13 (Reg,A, B, C)  Aux C being my test network

FWIW LOR sequences do NOT like missing adapters.   If your sequence has 3 networks, The ADAPTERS must be present.

ALSO Don't click the Auto Configure Button in HU after the initial assignment. It will shuffle the assignments

ok i have 4 adapters connected and all 4 mapped to the 4 different channels but no lights work now when i press play in preview i have the Controle lights button checked

Edited by bkk1ng

Its sounding like you are confusing what we are telling you with terminology issues. First, a LOR Network is first, the "Regular" network. If you use it, you'll need to plug in your LOR adapter such as https://store.lightorama.com/collections/computer-adapters-and-repeaters .

Next, one at a time, you configure that adapter to work with your USB port via the Hardware Utility by assigning that adapter to a Comm port number. So let's say, you've assigned Com Port 3 to the LOR "Regular" adapter. Remember, the "Adapter" adapts the USB port to the LOR hardware. If you have another LOR adapter such as the Red High Speed Adapter, then you will configure it to another USB port on the computer via the Hardware Utility, possibly assigning it to, lets say Com 5 and it'll be your "Aux A" network. Now you have two adapters, two networks.

In your preview, you assign which props are on which controllers, channels AND Network! All that must match what and where things are connected.

If you have not done this, open the Windows Device Manager and look at comm ports.  For each of your USB to RS-485 adapters, ONE AT A TIME, unplug one adapter and note which comm port goes away in the Device Manager.  Then plug that adapter back in and confirm that it comes back with the same comm port number.  Then repeat for all four comm ports.  Make sure that the LOR networks match up with the comm port that you think they do.

Another test, open the Controller Setup section of the S6 Control Panel, and select "Configure LOR controller..."  That will open the Hardware Utility.  On the left column where it says "Setup Com Port" DO NOT EVER PRESS "Auto Configure" if you have more than one network in use.  Right below that is the Manual Select dropdown.  Select each one of you comm ports and in the center section top right below "Select Unit to Configure..." press refresh.  Let it scan the network.  To the right of "Refresh" will be a listing of the controllers found on a dropdown).  Confirm that you see the controllers that are expected on that network.  For example if you THINK that your Regular network is on Comm 3 and should have controller IDs 01, 02, 03, and 04, but when you refresh, you actually see controllers 11, 12, and 16, then you are not plugged into the correct adapter.

Remember, adapters, adapt the computer to a USB port, TO the LOR hardware. This creates one network and you identify it as the regular or one of the Aux's.

Edit: Let me add some additional just in case.

Your LOR software sends commands to a particular network, address ID and channel assignment in the case of an example for AC Controller.  The controller can't do anything without being told what to do. The sequencer or show player, will take the information you provide it in the preview design, then send the commands you specified in the sequence for that prop, to the network, then controller ID, then lastly the channel assignment. If you've assigned the wrong network, the controller isn't connected too, it'll just sit there waiting.

Edited by dgrant

Just now, bkk1ng said:

Only 6-7 lights on the spinners are working now i tried to add a photo but its to big

You either have the networks mixed up, or you have the spinners configured incorrectly.