Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing Trees

Philbd

• 1 month later...

There are about as many options as people on this forum.    You just need something to provide enough support and structure.   

I made our first set before the RGB craze using black painted 2x2 treated pine for the frame, coro fronts and incandescent lights.  I needed the extra strength for the all of the AC power zip cords.   I put two eye hooks in the top and they install in seconds to hooks I keep in my brick year round.   They still look new so it's hard for me to justify trashing them for an upgrade.   Hope this helps. 

I use a company called Esto Connectors.

I use AL and their connectors with no tools other than a hammer to construct the AL frames

All you need to do is give them the measurements. If you are talking about the LOR trees I can give you all the measurements.

Then contact them and get their elbows, and they will cut the AL and have fast turn around time.

With 32 singers all bit my 5’ anowmen have this frame. They are old and 2x6 but one day will be Al.

JR

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I use AL and their connectors with no tools other than a hammer to construct the AL frames

All you need to do is give them the measurements. If you are talking about the LOR trees I can give you all the measurements.

Then contact them and get their elbows, and they will cut the AL and have fast turn around time.

x2  After JR shared with me ESTO connectors last year, I haven't looked back.  I've made frames for my LOR Singing Trees, small free standing mounts for 10W Flood Lights that stand on driveway close to house, and even a mounting stand for my CTB16PC residential controllers.  The possibilities are endless.

59 minutes ago, Godney said:

Hey Dibble thanks for the tip on Esto Connectors they are really nice

You are welcome my friend. 

To anyone wanting to use them here is something to consider.

If you wish to take your frames apart after each season DO NOT buy the barbed fittings. Although eventually you can get them apart, the time, energy and language it takes is not worth it. Get the slip ins. Using screws to hold the actual faces on is more than enough to hold the frame together. 

My very first matrix frame I made I used these and its still holding up strong. For my largest matrix base I used an Esto "T" that also has a hole in the bottom for caster wheels. Makes it nice to be able to roll the matrix wherever I need it.

Happy Lighting everyone

JR

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, dibblejr said:

With 32 singers all bit my 5’ anowmen have this frame. They are old and 2x6 but one day will be Al.

JR

@dibblejr  Hi - I'm in contact with Esto Connectors. Could you share the parts list you purchased from Esto for the singing faces as well as the matrix? I'm in contact with them and would save quite a bit of time if willing. Thanks.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, Webb said:

@dibblejr  Hi - I'm in contact with Esto Connectors. Could you share the parts list you purchased from Esto for the singing faces as well as the matrix? I'm in contact with them and would save quite a bit of time if willing. Thanks.

These totals are for all 4 singing faces

Item # 109150-MF 1” Sq Tubing 37” - 8 each

109150- MF 1” Sq Tubing 40”. - 8 each

521100-BX. 1” 2 way right angle connector (black) 16 each

There is a small cut and setup fee.

As far as matrix- I cannot tell you those parts, Built them in 2017 with various trial and errors orders Or upgrade parts that allow it to swivel and maneuver the way I needed and added caster wheels all Esto Connectors though.

You just have to plan it the way you need and modify to your liking using their online catalogue.

*** add

The faces were easy since I have so many and always order in at least groups of 4.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
**** add
  • Like 1