Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR sequence store music

Dr_Aplet

I want to add one of my wifes favorite songs to my list this year (silver bells) however before i purchase it i want to make sure i can get the music.  However, in the buy music section of the website there is no link and i cannot figure out how to search by asin number.  when i search on Amazons website I find a version that is 3:03 and 3:05 long.  if anyone has a link that would be great.

https://sequences.lightorama.com/Silver-Bells-Bing-Crosby_p_1170.html

7 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

I want to add one of my wifes favorite songs to my list this year (silver bells) however before i purchase it i want to make sure i can get the music.  However, in the buy music section of the website there is no link and i cannot figure out how to search by asin number.  when i search on Amazons website I find a version that is 3:03 and 3:05 long.  if anyone has a link that would be great.

https://sequences.lightorama.com/Silver-Bells-Bing-Crosby_p_1170.html

If a "You Can Modify base sequence" version is available {just looked, and it is}, and from what I've seen, most usually are available from LOR, spend a little extra and buy the editable version, then buy the same song that is approximately the same length as the sequence and just edit {TWEAK} the LOR purchased sequence to the song you were able to buy and use.

Sometimes using an Audio Editor like Audacity, just cutting out the long silent pause at the beginning and, or end of a song can shorten it enough to match up, but may still require a slight bit of modification to make it work.

At least this is how I would handle it, if the same exact song can't be found.

I've done this with sequences that I have had shared with me, and then couldn't find the exact length song that the original creator of the sequence used.

It's easier to tweak or modify an existing sequence, over having to build it from scratch.  My still take a little time to modify it the way you need it, but much less than starting from nothing.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville

my hope was to buy the un-editable version and just assign the channels that i want.  I am reaching out to LOR to locate the exact song.  Their instructions are to use that one.  i found songs that had time of 3:03, 3:05 but not 3:04.  the price to go to the editable version is too high for me right now. 

59 minutes ago, Dr_Aplet said:

my hope was to buy the un-editable version and just assign the channels that i want.

As I understand it, you can not make ANY changes.  If your channel arrangement does not match the un-editable version, you have no recourse.

1 hour ago, Dr_Aplet said:

my hope was to buy the un-editable version and just assign the channels that i want.  I am reaching out to LOR to locate the exact song.  Their instructions are to use that one.  i found songs that had time of 3:03, 3:05 but not 3:04.  the price to go to the editable version is too high for me right now. 

My friend K6ccc is correct. You cannot add anything to an uneditable sequence. You can ask for the You Can Modify (YCM) upgrade though.

JR

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

As I understand it, you can not make ANY changes.  If your channel arrangement does not match the un-editable version, you have no recourse.

That was my read.

IMHO they should at least allow a (controller) ID map. The LOR 'house and yard' night be common in some places, but not everywhere.

You are on a cul-de-sac wedge? I have a 'L' shaped structure. We both are 1 story, where the East tends to 2 (or more) stories. My Garage is attached, making cabling from a single controller Awkward .  To me, non-editable should mean the body (the grid contents) can not be changed in any way.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

To me, non-editable should mean the body (the grid contents) can not be changed in any way.

AGREED. I live on a corner and have to move things from the font of the house around to the side. So, windows would be in the front but the mega tree on the side. The placement of controllers won't always line up.

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

My friend K6ccc is correct. You cannot add anything to an uneditable sequence. You can ask for the You Can Modify (YCM) upgrade though.

JR

How does one even line up the music? i thought that i saw that the channels were blacked out.  Who would ever have the exact Layout.  you have to be able to indicate what is what.  you have to put it in a sequencer in some way or form.  I dont see that that is even possible.   Is this fact?  

Digging through the documentation https://sequences.lightorama.com/assets/images/SequenceDownloads/ReadMeFirst-C68P32.pdf

I think that k6ccc Is correct see the below statement found on page 8.  I don't understand how this can be unless that is not a real product and only want you to buy the YCM version.  If one cannot match the setup to their configuration one would have to have matched all their sequences from the onset of building they display OR on would have to go through and re Map every sequence.  I hope this is just old documentation and they have fixed that issue.  

The statement "Ready to Go" to me implies you cannot change the sequence light structure but you have to associate the controllers and channels.  Even if you buy the kit from LOR you would not have the same configuration.  I have a request in to the Helpdesk for clarification.  If that's the case i will be really disappointed. 

Pg 8 "The -RTG in the sequence name means it is a 'Ready To Go' sequence and cannot be modified by you in any way. The sequence is encrypted with no access to any effects or controller/channel assignments."

You are understanding that correctly - you are buying a RTG sequence designed for the Light-O-Rama Layout, not yours...

It is like Buying a Car and not getting the Keys - thus I would not recommend purchasing just the Car (RTG) but rather purchasing the Car & Keys (YCM)

Edited by Jimehc

LOR has a "standard" recommended layout and the RTG sequences are designed around that layout.  You can adjust the layout somewhat (a lot if you are creative enough), but the RTG sequences can not be modified.

Look starting at page 15 of this document:

https://sequences.lightorama.com/assets/images/SequenceDownloads/ReadMeFirst-C68P32.pdf

because i have 2 ac controllers and 1 dumb RGB I can match the channels at the beginning...

From LOR support "A dumb pixel controller (CMB24D) is a different story. Yes you will be prompted to match the channels and would be able to reassign our Controller 08 effects to your Controller 02 effects with a -RTG sequence."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr_Aplet said:

because i have 2 ac controllers and 1 dumb RGB I can match the channels at the beginning...

From LOR support "A dumb pixel controller (CMB24D) is a different story. Yes you will be prompted to match the channels and would be able to reassign our Controller 08 effects to your Controller 02 effects with a -RTG sequence."

Thanks for posting this. I had previously looked at the Sequence store and cringed because I was going to have to not only re-buy music I have on CD, but the YCM version because of my ID assignments.

(My Dumb AC/DC currently occupy 02-0A, in order of acquisition. Smart are assigned in blocks of 8,mostly there are 4 unused ID making a Pixie4->8 swap a  🍰 )

so I bought the sequence tonight and played with it.  I had to start by using the LOR provided preview.  Then i had to change to my preview and could match up channels.  I played with assigning channels a few times but ultimately just used what auto assigned.  I must admit it looks very good,  well synchronized and choreographed.  It is certainly strange they way they launch it and control it.  Their configuration when i was mapping channels was different it seemed like some just came up as controllers.  I could just be that i don't know what i am doing.  There were also a large amount unused channels which the sequencer deleted for me.  I hope this helps some of you.  Bottom line based on what i see in my previewer it looks good and will be worth it. 

14 hours ago, Dr_Aplet said:

so I bought the sequence tonight and played with it.  I had to start by using the LOR provided preview.  Then i had to change to my preview and could match up channels.  I played with assigning channels a few times but ultimately just used what auto assigned.  I must admit it looks very good,  well synchronized and choreographed.  It is certainly strange they way they launch it and control it.  Their configuration when i was mapping channels was different it seemed like some just came up as controllers.  I could just be that i don't know what i am doing.  There were also a large amount unused channels which the sequencer deleted for me.  I hope this helps some of you.  Bottom line based on what i see in my previewer it looks good and will be worth it. 

You were probably looking at some of the RGB sequences using pixie controllers. They use ports and multiple unit IDs and not channels.

Glad it worked out for you.

JR

• The topic was locked