Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel with LED stays on

dougd

I have a mega tree with 96 strands of LED's. 24 each of 4 colors. 16 channels dedicated to the tree. I hooked it up this past weekend and it worked perfectly. Tonite as I was doing some final checks for the season, I had all 13 controllers turned on. I noticed that 2 channels on the mega tree stayed lit all the time. Both were green. I thought it was strange that this problem didnt show up till tonite.

I hooked up a set of mini lights to one of the channels and it went out. On the other channel I hooked up 2 sets of minis and it still remained lit. I searched around the forum and tried to read and solve the problem all I cound find as an answer was to load down the channel. I would think that 2 sets of minis would be enough of a load. Does this indicate that there is something wrong with that channel? The controllers are all CTB16PC's.

I haven't done any troubleshooting on it yet besides loading down the circuit. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

I am in the same boat channels staying on from first power up .reset channels as from other querries no diference . other channels seem to stick on for awhile after turn off . but i use c7 .

thanks for that jeff , but I think I have fixed it by powering off taking the jumper out powering up for 5/6 sec and then replacing the jumper . Amazing when you leave it and comeback fresh ideas t5he next day !!!!!!!!!

Some of our LED channels stay on also. These are channels that have a "flex-plug"?

I'm thinking that they may not be drawing enough current to 'open' the triac. I'm going to try adding a strand of minis to see if that will fix it.

mstaffeld wrote:

Some of our LED channels stay on also.  These are channels that have a "flex-plug"? 

I'm thinking that they may not be drawing enough current to 'open' the triac.  I'm going to try adding a strand of minis to see if that will fix it. 

You are 100% correct. Adding the mini's will certainly help, or you could make a terminator.