Light-O-Rama Forums

New CPC props

Mr Christmas

With the new CPC spinners I recently purchased from LOR I received a Pixie 4 controller. Do I have to use it or can I just assign them to open ports in my Pixie 16 controllers?

You can use any controller you wish, the Pixie 4 is just part of the package. You could have bought the package without the Pixie 4 if you already had a controller.

OTOH if you are buying LOR sequences, They may expect a certain set of ID's.

Gotta ask. Why not use what came?

It is RTG. Add power and a LOR net cable (daisy chained or from a new HS adapter)

I have 4 open ports on a Pixie16 that is right near where I want to put 2 of the spinners and can utilize the Pixie 4 in another area to make it more efficient. Trying to reduce long runs of cat5 and extension cords.

1 hour ago, Mr Christmas said:

I have 4 open ports on a Pixie16 that is right near where I want to put 2 of the spinners and can utilize the Pixie 4 in another area to make it more efficient. Trying to reduce long runs of cat5 and extension cords.

I assume that your Pixie16 is also running the same voltage, then

No problem if you roll your own sequences.  Just Note there is nothing being released  in S4 users for these items

On 9/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, TheDucks said:

I assume that your Pixie16 is also running the same voltage, then

No problem if you roll your own sequences.  Just Note there is nothing being released  in S4 users for these items

I didn't see anything that stated the new CPC items can not be used with S4 when I was looking at them.   Why wouldn't they be useable with the older S4 software, as long as you had a PRO license  I know there are no motion effects in S4 {at least I don't recall any}, but if you are sequencing them yourself, seems they could be used in S4, just like any other LOR controller.

What would make these controllers only S5 or higher specific?

I use S4 and was seriously considering a couple of these items for my display, this is why I am asking why are they NOT useable in S4?   Just doesn't make sense to me to exclude them from S4, since it can do pixels, and as long as you have a PRO license.  I had figured they would work just fine.

If there is something somewhere that states these are NOT S4 compatible, could you please share the link where that info is?   Because I saw nothing to that effect when reading through and looking at the ones I was interested in, mainly Candy Canes, Snowflakes and another one I can't recall for the moment.

EDIT: Or are you just talking about any "new sequences" that LOR sells in the sequence store won't be available for S4?   Since I don't usually buy sequences, roll my own, this wouldn't be an issue.

Just want to be sure I'm not going to purchase something, then find out I couldn't use it.

Thank you.

Edited by Orville

2 hours ago, Orville said:

What would make these controllers only S5 or higher specific?

IF they are sold as .loredit files as opposed to .lms that would limit them to S5 & S6.  And I don't know as I have never bought any LOR sequences either.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

IF they are sold as .loredit files as opposed to .lms that would limit them to S5 & S6.  And I don't know as I have never bought any LOR sequences either.

If an loredit file can be exported as an LMS, wouldn't that allow it to be used in S4?  Or is the exported lms file still specific to only S5 or S6?

I've read somewhere in the forums that they loredit files can be exported as lms, but not sure if those exported files could be imported into a lower version of the LOR suite.  Anyone know?

3 hours ago, Orville said:

If an loredit file can be exported as an LMS, wouldn't that allow it to be used in S4?  Or is the exported lms file still specific to only S5 or S6?

I've read somewhere in the forums that they loredit files can be exported as lms, but not sure if those exported files could be imported into a lower version of the LOR suite.  Anyone know?

Only props without ME's can be exported to an LMS.

JR

On 9/13/2022 at 11:33 PM, dibblejr said:

Only props without ME's can be exported to an LMS.

JR

Thanks JR.  Didn't know what the prerequisites were.  Since my S5 computer I was wanting to learn S5 on decided to belly up, that stopped my playing around and trying to learn S5.  Never really got started enough to even get a set of RGB lights working in it. :(

Was hoping to learn it and use it this year, but that definitely didn't go as I had hoped it would.

BTW: Those of us using an MP3 Director like the N4-G4 to run a show, can it handle loredit files and ME's?   As I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that the MP3 Directors can only use LMS files to create shows.  So that would definitely be very problematic if this is the case {again, just my thinking, as I don't know for sure}.   I haven't done anything with S5 since the only other computer that I was going to use died on me. Ugh.

So I have no idea what differences there may be with a Director unit handling the newer loredit files, and especially the ME aspect of it.

Thanks to anyone that can answer these questions, will help me to know what to expect on using them with an MP3 Director.

Edited by Orville

On 9/15/2022 at 6:56 AM, Orville said:

Thanks JR.  Didn't know what the prerequisites were.  Since my S5 computer I was wanting to learn S5 on decided to belly up, that stopped my playing around and trying to learn S5.  Never really got started enough to even get a set of RGB lights working in it. :(

Was hoping to learn it and use it this year, but that definitely didn't go as I had hoped it would.

BTW: Those of us using an MP3 Director like the N4-G4 to run a show, can it handle loredit files and ME's?   As I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that the MP3 Directors can only use LMS files to create shows.  So that would definitely be very problematic if this is the case {again, just my thinking, as I don't know for sure}.   I haven't done anything with S5 since the only other computer that I was going to use died on me. Ugh.

So I have no idea what differences there may be with a Director unit handling the newer loredit files, and especially the ME aspect of it.

Thanks to anyone that can answer these questions, will help me to know what to expect on using them with an MP3 Director.

You will have no problems with the director handling the LORedit created sequences.

JR

On 9/16/2022 at 8:09 AM, dibblejr said:

You will have no problems with the director handling the LORedit created sequences.

JR

So, that means the Director can handle ME rows as well?  Just want to be sure when I can get back to working with S5, I'm not using anything that won't work in the Director in an S5 loredit sequence file.  Just trying to avoid any problems I might encounter with the Director in S5.

Going to see if I can get the Win10 computer back up and running, so I can at least play around with S5 and the Director when it comes back from LOR repair.  or if I'm going to have to replace the computer.  If I have to replace, will be looking into a laptop, so I can take it outside and do testing directly from it before committing anything to an actual show.  Once I figure out how to make the lights work in S5 first.  May upgrade to S6 at some point, but I've got to figure out S5 first before I commit the funds for upgrading to S6.  Although S6 seems to have a few bugs still being worked out in it from what I've been reading on it around the forums.

7 hours ago, Orville said:

So, that means the Director can handle ME rows as well?

"You will have no problems with the director handling the LORedit created sequences."